Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot invite new users for Readycloud

rloberto
Guide

Cannot invite new users for Readycloud

Model: ReadyNAS 314

Firmware: 6.6.1 (current)

I have my own ReadyCloud account already setup and has been working for a few months. I'd like to setup another account now for one of my staff and cannot find anywhere that allows me to setup the actual account.

Under "Accounts" > "Cloud Users" I click "Invite Users" and receive a prompt saying: "This device is joined to ReadyCloud. To invite users visit <>ReadyCloud<>." I click through the Hyperlink to the website to manage the ReadyCloud and there is no option anywhere to add a new user, or in fact remove any existing ones. All of the ReadyCloud user management appears to be missing?

I have seen in recent days there was a major issue advised by Netgear regarding accounts being deleted and data being lost, has Netgear temporarily removed the ReadyCloud user management interface? If so, can someone please advise on the ETA for a resolution on this?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot invite new users for Readycloud

Hello rloberto,

Have you checked if your ReadyCloud is still enabled on your ReadyNAS admin page?

You might want to see this post about ReadyCLOUD problems since 3/30/17.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rloberto,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 11
rloberto
Guide

Hi JennC,

Yes I have read through the Netgear notification post and tried the suggestions, of which none worked.

I have removed and reconnected the ReadyNAS from the device, created new accounts and it still will not work.

It is not mission critical, so I thought I would wait until Netgear releases a major revision/firmware to resolve these issues.

Please advise if there is anything else I may try in the meantime?

Regarrds,
Rloberto

Message 4 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rloberto,

Is the ReadyCloud option on the admin page > Cloud still or already enabled? Please check. PM me screenshot please as this will show the current main ReadyCloud account that has the admin rights in adding/inviting/deleting users.

Regards,

Message 5 of 11
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello rloberto,

You want to invite a new readycloud user, right? Have you already created MyNetgear account for your staff ?

If your NAS device's ReadyCloud is  enabled on your ReadyNAS admin page, You can sign in on http://readycloud.netgear.com, and right click a share, then click "share" menu->"Full folder access" option->Input new email address on bottom to invite this new email address.

If your input email address is not a MyNetgear account, he would receive a confirm email. Click the link in email to create a new MyNetgear account and confirm the invitation.

Of cause, you can create a MyNetgear account for your staff before sign in and click "Create a MyNETGEAR account" link, then invite him to a share.

Best Regards.

Message 6 of 11
tewatson
Aspirant

Having the same problem.  I do not want to share a specific folder/share (that function works); rather, I want to grant someone remote access capability using their ID (to be able to access their Home folder).  They have a MyNetgear account.

There is no way to do this - as the OP indicated, the software just sends me in a loop, saying "go to ReadyCloud" and there is nothing there.

Tom

Message 7 of 11
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tewatson,

Home folders is unique to specific user and cannot be shared to other users 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 11
tewatson
Aspirant

I get that.  The question is how to allow users to remotely access the NAS.

Tom

Message 9 of 11
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tewatson,

To allow users to remotely access the NAS. First you will need to create ReadyCloud account for the users. Then go here for guide how to add ReadyCloud users.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 11
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tewatson,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements