Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot see shared folders anymore & invitation system broken?

jgharmsma
Aspirant

Cannot see shared folders anymore & invitation system broken?

Hi,

Yesterday everything seemed to work fine. I could login with the Readycloud sync windows app, and I saw a list of shared folders. As it should be!

However, this morning the laptop started up and logged in to readycloud automatically. When I checked, I only saw a picture of the NAS with some sort of message I was connected. I could NOT see any shares at all. I wanted to know why I could not see them and started testing. During the tests I tried to add another user and share folder with this new user. During this process I found out the invitation system doesn't work correctly.

I can add a user to a shared folder and confirm this. Works fine. I received the email correctly with the text "has invited you to access and share files via ReadyCLOUD (on ReadyNAS). To accept this invitation please click this link" (I used another emailadres ofcourse. 1 unknown with netgear so far) When I click on the link and login with the new account details I do NOT get the popup with the question if I want to accept the share. Kind of irritating after several tries 😉 Is there some sort of central problem going on?

Message 1 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot see shared folders anymore & invitation system broken?

Hello jgharmsma,

Please try re-adding the 2nd user again, make sure you are not at the same time logged in as the main ReadyCloud user on the computer when you click the confirmation link for invitation on the email.

I tried this just now and it is working with no problem.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
jgharmsma
Aspirant

Many thanks. Helped me out alot. I was able to accept the share now in the web interface.

I have to check the office on monday if I can see all the shares.

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jgharmsma,

Not a problem.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements