Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Creating a ReadyCloud Account

ColBran
Aspirant

Creating a ReadyCloud Account

I've seen all the old discussion on ReadyCloud account creation. I've created 3 new accounts over the last 2 days and been told that a confirmation email has been sent. However, these emails don't arrive (not even in Junk) so there must be something wrong at the Netgear end. Could someone look into why it seems to be broken??

Obviously, when I try to log into ReadyCloud with any of the email addresses it says I can't because its not been confirmed.

Any help would be grateful

Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100,RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay,RN31441D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ColBran
Aspirant

Re: Creating a ReadyCloud Account

Hi Jen,

I PM'd you the email addresses. Since then I've done some more digging and I think I've worked it out now. I documented the steps so it may help outher folk with the same difficulties as me.

I'm running a ReadyNAS 314 with v 6.6.1 firmware.

Creating Remote Access for ReadyCloud

1. From the ReadyNAS 314 Admin Page select the Accounts tab.
  2. Clicking the Invite User button indicates that the device is connected to ReadyCloud and gives a link to https://readycloud.netgear.com/ to invite users.
  3. Once on the ReadyCloud page, sign in with your ReadyNAS admin email. This connects to the ReadyNAS Adim page through ReadyCloud.
  4. In the Shares down the left hand side, hover the mouse over a Share to invite remote access. Click on the Share icon.
  5. Select the Full Folder Access radio button and click Next.
  6. Enter the email address of the person you want to give access. The default access is Read/Write but change to Read only if this is appropriate. Click the Invite button.
  7. Ignore any messages about anonymous access to the folders. You may need anonymous settings on music Shares for an amplifier to connect to DLNA. Click the No button.
  8. An invitation email will be sent to the user. Click the Done button.
  9. When the email arrives, open it and click on the link to accept the invitation. You may have to log out of ReadyCloud before logging in as the invited user.
  10. At this point you need to create a MyNetgear account. Complete the information and click the Create button. If there is already an account for this email, the ReadyNAS may not connect to the account. An existing ReadyCloud account using the same email address need to be converted to MyNetgear accounts.
  11. Click the Confirm Without Binding button. You don’t really need a ReadyCloud account. It will complicate things if there is a ReadyCloud account and access to the ReadyNAS may not be complete.
  12. On a PC, the ReadyCloud can be downloaded and installed. Once installed, enter the login details and the PC should connect to the ReadyNAS.

Regards

Col

View solution in original post

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ColBran,

Can you PM me the email addresses?

Also, is this a work email that may have filter settings? There are some cases that untrusted or not recognized sender of emails are blocked by a company email server.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
ColBran
Aspirant

Hi Jen,

I PM'd you the email addresses. Since then I've done some more digging and I think I've worked it out now. I documented the steps so it may help outher folk with the same difficulties as me.

I'm running a ReadyNAS 314 with v 6.6.1 firmware.

Creating Remote Access for ReadyCloud

1. From the ReadyNAS 314 Admin Page select the Accounts tab.
  2. Clicking the Invite User button indicates that the device is connected to ReadyCloud and gives a link to https://readycloud.netgear.com/ to invite users.
  3. Once on the ReadyCloud page, sign in with your ReadyNAS admin email. This connects to the ReadyNAS Adim page through ReadyCloud.
  4. In the Shares down the left hand side, hover the mouse over a Share to invite remote access. Click on the Share icon.
  5. Select the Full Folder Access radio button and click Next.
  6. Enter the email address of the person you want to give access. The default access is Read/Write but change to Read only if this is appropriate. Click the Invite button.
  7. Ignore any messages about anonymous access to the folders. You may need anonymous settings on music Shares for an amplifier to connect to DLNA. Click the No button.
  8. An invitation email will be sent to the user. Click the Done button.
  9. When the email arrives, open it and click on the link to accept the invitation. You may have to log out of ReadyCloud before logging in as the invited user.
  10. At this point you need to create a MyNetgear account. Complete the information and click the Create button. If there is already an account for this email, the ReadyNAS may not connect to the account. An existing ReadyCloud account using the same email address need to be converted to MyNetgear accounts.
  11. Click the Confirm Without Binding button. You don’t really need a ReadyCloud account. It will complicate things if there is a ReadyCloud account and access to the ReadyNAS may not be complete.
  12. On a PC, the ReadyCloud can be downloaded and installed. Once installed, enter the login details and the PC should connect to the ReadyNAS.

Regards

Col

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ColBran,

Sorry I've just read your message. But I'm glad you were able to resolve this. And thank you for sharing your resolution. I've asked for the email address because I was thinking that maybe the domain address has something that is not common.

To close this topic, mark the solution you posted as accepted solution. We appreciate your contribution and please feel free to post suggestions, comments and question again.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements