Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Directory on computer stopped scyncing with NAS

dflavin
Aspirant

Directory on computer stopped scyncing with NAS

Model ReadyNAS 212, Firmware 6.7.5

Currently I have a Folder on the NAS with 26.4 GB, 19,471 files and 1,080 folders.  I am trying to sync this file with a Windows 7 Home Premium computer.  On the computer the folder has 301MB, 358 files and 204 folders.  The readyCloud app on the computer says it is syncing but it has not change size of files or folders in the last 3 days.

To be clear I am checking the folder in the c:/user/name/readyCloud/Folder Name and comparing it against the folder on the netgear NAS

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Directory on computer stopped scyncing with NAS

Hello dflavin,

Is the computer connected wireless or hardwired to the router where the ReadyNAS is also connected?

If you have any firewall security enabled, try disabling it for the meantime and see if that shows any difference. 

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
dflavin
Aspirant

The computer is connected wirelessly.  I will try it this evening with the firewall down.  If that makes a diference I will adjust the firewal to allow the interchange.

Message 3 of 7
dflavin
Aspirant

I am soory that I did not thank you for your reply.  I really appreciate it. and am very thankful for any help you can give me.

Message 4 of 7
dflavin
Aspirant

This is running on a Windows 7 SP1 64bit system.  It is connected wirelessly.  I have tried turning off the firewall but no change. 

I was thinking about bridging the wireless NIC with the Leaf NIC. any thoughts on that?

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dflavin,

Perhaps you want to check if you get the same problem when you connect the computer to the network router via LAN cable.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
dflavin
Aspirant

No, however I have had the other computer that is on cable syncing with directories since it was installed on July 5.  So for none of them have gone green, but the number of files and directories match.  Syncing seems to take an impossbly long time to complete when you consider the total amount of data is less than 350 GB on a 4TB raid 1.

I am sorry if I sound rude, but I am getting terribly frustrated.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements