Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Editing Documents Directly RN104, Firmware 6.6.1

Joste
Aspirant

Editing Documents Directly RN104, Firmware 6.6.1

Hey there,

is there any chance to edit documents that are presented via ReadyCloud directly on the storage or is there no other way to download, edit and upload?

Thanks for suggestions

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jak0lantash
Mentor

If you access the file via the ReadyCLOUD app, then you're "directly" accessing the file stored on the NAS. So, if you have write permission, you can edit the file and save, it will be written on the NAS.

If you're downloading the file from ReadyCLOUD website, then there is no magic, you downloaded a copy of the file. But you can upload a file using the same ReadyCLOUD website, if you have necessary permissions of course.

Did you try it?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
jak0lantash
Mentor

If you access the file via the ReadyCLOUD app, then you're "directly" accessing the file stored on the NAS. So, if you have write permission, you can edit the file and save, it will be written on the NAS.

If you're downloading the file from ReadyCLOUD website, then there is no magic, you downloaded a copy of the file. But you can upload a file using the same ReadyCLOUD website, if you have necessary permissions of course.

Did you try it?

Message 2 of 4
Joste
Aspirant

Thank you for your quick and very kind reply! I did install the App but did use it incorrectly, because the subtitle says: "Get the ReadyCloud App for Backup and Synch." So I didn't try hard enough. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
jak0lantash
Mentor

Happy I could help 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements