Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: File Synch

Bertramrambert
Aspirant

File Synch

Hi community,

I am using a ReadyNAS Duo v2 togehter with Windows 10 Desktops and Laptops. The idea is that, in my home network only, some specified files will be synchronized automatically between desktops, laptops and NAS. It should work like this: I take my laptop with me for a trip and change some documents. When I come back home and enter my network, then the document will be synchronized with the NAS automatically. If I later switch on my desktop, then the document will automatically synchronize between NAS and desktop and I can continue my work on the desktop.  

I know already, that ReadyCLOUD is not working with my NAS but that ReadyNAS Remote Desktop together with ReadyDROP would work accordingly. But obviousley ther is no ReadyNAS Remote Desktop Client softeware available for Windows 10. Is this correct?

I cannot believe it because this would mean that I have to buy a new NAS system. The ReadyNAS Duo v2 is working fine and I don't want to change it.

Does anybody know if a  ReadyNAS Remote Desktop Client softeware for Windows 10 is available? A download lik would be great.

Is ther another solution for my above described request?

Model: ReadyNASRND2210v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 2TB (2 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

The end of service for ReadyNAS Remote was announced as Sept 30.  Not having an active system that runs it, I cannot verify it happened.  But it certainly will soon if it has not already.  I do not know of any suitable replacement that will run on your older NAS.  But there are plenty of sync applications for Windows 10 that should work with the NAS as the target.

Message 2 of 4
Bertramrambert
Aspirant

Thanks! Ok, that sounds not god 😞

Which synch applications for Windows 10 do you mean? Are they part of Windows 10 or are you talking about 3rd party applications? Do you have experience with some of them?

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

3rd party applications.  Since I put all of my important data directly on the NAS (which is backed up), I don't have a need for sync myself.  But I have looked at SyncBack Free and FreeFileSync and both look like good options.  I know somebody using FreeFileSinc to keep his DJ music synced to his backup drive, but it's a DAS, not a NAS..

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements