Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting Errors: X Service Unavailable; Cannot Attach Device. Try Again LAter

wolfie111
Guide

Getting Errors: X Service Unavailable; Cannot Attach Device. Try Again LAter

In an earlier post from KayZak, 2016-11-15, now closed, titled "Getting Errors: X Service Unavailable; Cannot Attach Device. Try Again LAter", a solution was given to a problem that I'm having as well, since I've owned my ReadyNAS.  Not sure how to reference that thread, but a solution was given that requires modifying code via SSH, of which I'm not familiar.

In brief, my problem is on the cloud tab of the ReadyNAS Admin page, Service Unavailable with red X, Internet Available green check, signed into ReadyCloud.  That leads to other problems including inviting and managing users.

The solution from the user Deniro led to moderator mdgm making contact with the OP and fixing the problem via remote SSH.  Is it possible to have someone help me here?

Thanks in Advance,

Wolfie111

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Getting Errors: X Service Unavailable; Cannot Attach Device. Try Again LAter

Just had a look at your system. It should now be fixed.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 19

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Getting Errors: X Service Unavailable; Cannot Attach Device. Try Again LAter

Message 2 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Thank you for referencing the link Stephen. I saw that, but I need some help with SSH, or someone who can look or show me how to check and modify the configuration files, via remote access perhaps? Suggestions?
Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|,RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 3 of 19
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps @mdgm-ntgr or @JennC will offer steps for troubleshooting.

Though you might try enabling upnp on your router and see if that helps.

Message 4 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Thanks Stephen, upnp has always been enabled, and both router and Google DNS referenced. Seems I could use help from @mdgm-ntgr or @JennC...
Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 5 of 19
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello wolfie111,

May I ask what firmware version you currently have on the ReadyNAS?

Regards,

Message 6 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Thanks JennC,

Latest version, 6.7.5.
Message 7 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you provide logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 8 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Thanks mdgm,

Sure, where and how should I send it to you?

Message 9 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Hi mdgm,

Getting a bit late here, so I sent the logs to your attention, as prescribed on the page you you sent me to in the last post.

Look forward to your feedback.

wolfie111

Message 10 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Hi .@mdgm,

Any feedback?

Thanks,

Wolfie111

Message 11 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Hi Again,

Is there someone that can help with the logs I sent?

Thanks,

Wolfie111

Message 12 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I've sent you a PM.

Message 13 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Just had a look at your system. It should now be fixed.

Message 14 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Hello @mdgm-ntgr,

Once again, thanks for your support!  It seems we are only part of the way there though...

You seem to have corrected the problem with the admin page->cloud tab, "services available" now showing a green check!

However, I am still unable to add ReadyCloud Users:

- on the Manage tab of the ReadyCloud GUI, there is NO option to "Invite User"

- that tab only shows (2) sections, "Shared Folders" and "Shared Links", neither populated, just blank lines

- no section showing "Users", no list of any users even exists, nor is there even a blank table

Further oddities and observations,

- on that same Manage tab, on the top left window that shows an icon of the readynas, the hostname/device id appears to be nas-6E-xx-xx, with no option to change it, and different from that which i named it, "readynas516".  I think my account is seeing 2 different hostnames for my device

- also on thaqt page, the top right corner shows my first and last name, which seems correct

- however, when i go to the local admin page while on the network, the top right shows "welcome admin", not my name

- interestingly, on the the admin page->accounts->users, I have 2 local users with their names, email addresses, UID and groups apearing to show properly, however, the admin listed shows NO email address listed at all, nor is there any way I can find to change that.  I use a different email address from the one I use for readycloud, however, nowhere for the life of me can I find that email address listed anywhere on my readynas, nor any possibility to change or view it!

- and on the tab admin->accounts->cloud users, only one user is listed, my correct readycloud admin email address, however my "name" is also listed as that same email address instead of correct name as shown on the readycloud manage page.

- on the tab admin->cloud->"settings" button under readycloud section, it shows my device id similar to the manage tab in the cloud using the default nas-6E-xx-xx, this time with an appended password or serial number, i.e. nas-6E-xx-xx_xxxxxxxxx.  (Only encryption is checked in that window, if it helps).

- lastly, what really picqued my curiosity, if i go admin->shares->then choose settings for a given share->"network access" tab, I notice there are 2 different admin accounts listed, one with an icon showing 1 person and a key, the other icon is 2 people with a key, then what appears to be a 3rd admin, a single person with a key and a cloud (i supopose that is my readynas admin), however, again, it is the readycloiud email address that is listed under the "name" column and not my actual readycloud user name as it probably should be.  All three have read/write access

- similarly, on the "file access" the same 2 local admin accounts are listed, as is the readycloud admin, howqever the latter does not show any checkbox for read/write access as it did on the "network" access tab.

I've really been trying to get this problem solved since I've had this RN516, and I belioeve it is related to the services unavavilable, which seems partially corrected, however, obviously there are still some big issues.

I would really appreciate this group's help finally solving this.

Thanks,

@wolfie111

Message 15 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Hello,

Anyone from NETGEAR able to help me here?  1 month but no answers...

Thanks in advance.

Message 16 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Hello Netgear,

Still struggling here, anyone available to help?

Thanks in advance.

Message 17 of 19
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @wolfie111

Can you open a new thread since the "X Service Unavailable" issue is fixed and now you're having an issue with seeing your ReadyNAS in ReadyCLOUD? In the new thread, can you provide screenshots of what it looks like for you in ReadyCLOUD? 

Message 18 of 19
wolfie111
Guide

Thank you, solved.

I'll open a new thread for open issues.
Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements