Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to merge home folders?

How to merge home folders?

Like many, I have a local NAS account and a Cloud one.  And I don't know why, but those are completely separated: I can't access the cloud home folder through SMB/AFP and can't get files from the local home folder through the ReadyCLOUD. Looks somewhat strange as for me.

Please consider an option to merge the folders in any possible way: symlink or merged accounts or whatever.

And another thing: no way to sync a cloud home folder with my mac (i guess windows client has the same flaw). Why?

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU6000|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to merge home folders?

Message 2 of 5

WTF is "idea label"? It just keeps writing "The following labels are not available here:" for everything. I use the Firefox 58 if it matters.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

I think it's a bug in the forum software (it looks like the list of available idea tags is missing).  I've sent a PM to the forum administrator.

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Having no way to locally access a ReadyCloud account is, IMHO, a fundamentally brain-dead idea from the very beginning.  But it seems to be all a part of wanting to sell the ReadyNAS as a "cloud device", when it clearly is not (it's sittng there, right on the shelf, having none of the protections offered by a real cloud service), 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements