Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to recover deleted ReadyCloud accounts

DeeJay64
Aspirant

How to recover deleted ReadyCloud accounts

So after the 3/30/17 ReadyCloud server issue, I was trying to recover the disconnected cloud user accounts.  And this was prior to finally getting the email from Netgear explaining the problem 25 DAYS LATER! That important piece of the puzzle came on 4/24/17.

So in the process I deleted the user accounts except for my own and now when I try to invite the users back from the NAS Admin page it tells me the device is joined to ReadyCloud, to invite users visit ReadyCloud.  Upon going to ReadyCloud, I cannot find any way to invite these previous cloud accounts back.  I can find the link to create a new account but the accounts are already created and it throws an error saying so when attempting that way.

How can I add these users back to the NAS cloud user list list?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 12
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Deejay64,

When you sign in http://readycloud.netgear.com with your own readycloud account, can you see your device on Home tab?

If yes, right click  a share on Home tab, and then click "Share" button->"Full Folder Access" option ->input your previous readycloud user email account -> click "Invite" button.

Then your previous cloud user's email address would receive a confirmatiom email. Click the link in email to sign in and confirm the invitation. After that your previous cloud user is back to your NAS system, and he can access your nas.

Best Regards.

Message 2 of 12
DeeJay64
Aspirant

Ok, thank you that worked for the local user shares. I was trying to connect a cloud user back to their folder under Home > 'User Folder'. Once I invited the user to their previous local share, their cloud account appeared however it created a new cloud folder under Home.  Which is fine but now I have extra cloud user folders that I cannot seem to delete.  The right click options are only Browse, Download and Recover from the Admn page & Browse, Create Web Link and Recover from the ReadyCloud webpage.

Thanks again,

Don

Message 3 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DeeJay64,

Each ReadyCloud user you add/invite will have its own share under Home, so if there is already an existing one that has the same name of the ReadyCloud user account before you added the ReadyCloud user, back up the data that is stored to it then delete it. Then let the ReadyCloud user access the NAS so he/she will have his/her own share created.

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
DeeJay64
Aspirant

Thanks Jenn, but in my post I indicated that my problem IS deleting the old user folders. I now have the old shares under the user's first name and the new ones created by the system show up as their email address.
How can the old shares be deleted? I listed the options I see in the previous post when right-clicking the folders.
Thanks
Message 5 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DeeJay64,

You may access or delete them using your local admin account and map the NAS.

Regards,

Message 6 of 12
DeeJay64
Aspirant

Jenn,

That's what I thought also and tried that prior to asking for info in the community.  I can delete the folders but they immediatly return, even logging in with the admin account. Has me sort of baffled atm, but haven't really had a lot of time to spend on it.

Don

Message 7 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DeeJay64,

When you say they immediately return, do you check it non only when mapping the NAS but also on the admin page?

Regards,

Message 8 of 12
DeeJay64
Aspirant

Yes, I can delete the old cloud user folders under the Home folder, check Admin page and they are still there, then when file explorer refreshes the deleted folders are back.

Don

Message 9 of 12
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi DeeJay64,

You mean you access share via SMB by admin account at file explorer, and go to home folder to delete the old cloud user folders, right?

This is not the correct way to delete user's home folder.

For local user, you can delete user on admin UI, Accounts->Users, then select one user to delete it. Then its home folder can be deleted automatically from NAS.

For readycloud user, you should go to http://readycloud.netgear.com,  sign in with admin readycloud account, then on Management->Shared Folders, select one user and then click "Delete" button. Then this cloud user's home folder can be deleted automatically.

Notes: If you don't want to lose data in user's home folder, please backup them firstly, then delete the user.

Best Regards.

Message 10 of 12
DeeJay64
Aspirant

Thanks but I tried that too.  In post #3 above I tried to describe the problem.

I think I'll just fix this with the next rebuild.

Message 11 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DeeJay64,

Did you already update to FW version 6.7.1?

Regards,

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements