Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with ReadyCloud

trantec
Follower

Issues with ReadyCloud

Firmware 6.8.0

ReadyCloud Version 1.16

Hello,

I work as the network admin for a small company with few computers not a lot of data, around 20GB. I have a server running server 2016 which holds client data with the ReadyCloud app installed to sync data to the NAS as a backup, so far i've had no problems at all with the ReadyCloud app it's been quick, responsive and very reliable.

Recently the Ready Cloud app has been causing me some grief i.e it would sync some files, if those files are changed (for example filenamnes) it fails to sync the changes or puts them side by side the origional or some reason creates random 'new folders'.

I've done the basics for example reboot the Server, ReadyCloud service, NAS, i've checked all updates are installed etc can any one think of anything? Is it a caching issue?

Kind Regards,

Chris.

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 1 of 4
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Issues with ReadyCloud

Hello trantec,

Please try to uninstall and re-install the app then re-create the backup and backup job. Please try to disable any personal firewall, antivirus and internet security application running and check if it will make any diffrence.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello trantec,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello trantec,

What kind of job did you create?

A "Backup PC folder" job is a one way backup job. If you rename a file or folder in local PC, the  nas side don't rename the file/folder. It just create new file/folder with the new name, old file still keep exist on nas. 

A "Sync with PC" job is a two-way sync job. The local PC folder and the nas folder are always sync with same status.

Best Regards.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements