Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latest update readycloud app for Readynas104

Mike101
Tutor

Latest update readycloud app for Readynas104

Dear All

Has anyone had problems updating the remote ReadyCloud app with the latest firmware update?

My problems on remote PC (not tried it on Local PC incase problem there too).

Firmware update within last two days.

I agreed to update ReadyCloud app. The current version was installed then Downloaded ReadyCloud App which stalled at REadyCloud Setup Error opening file for writing

C:\Programme File(x86)\NETGEAR\Remote\bin\Incomservice.dll    If Ignore then the same for \Incontols.dll then \Inhttpservice.exe  then ....

I have tried leaving it a few days incase the problem was fixed, now tried  via three different web browsers having cleared all browsing data no Joy.

Can anyone please help?

Mike

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Mike101
Tutor

Re: Latest update readycloud app for Readynas104

@Mike101 wrote:

@Mike101 wrote:

Dear All

Has anyone had problems updating the remote ReadyCloud app with the latest firmware update?

I agreed to update ReadyCloud app. The current version was installed then Downloaded ReadyCloud App which stalled at REadyCloud Setup Error opening file for writing

C:\Programme File(x86)\NETGEAR\Remote\bin\Incomservice.dll    If Ignore then the same for \Incontols.dll then \Inhttpservice.exe  then ....

I have tried leaving it a few days incase the problem was fixed, now tried  via three different web browsers having cleared all browsing data no Joy.

Can anyone please help?

Mike

Update

Checked on local PC NAS is now running the latest the late Firmware 6.7.5

however it is currently "offline" a regularly recurring problem. Had to check via IP address.

BTW running windows 10 all auto updates.

So it seems my problem is solely with reinstalling the ReadyCloud app on my remote PC.

SO how do I reinstall the ReadyCloud app on my remote PC?

NOW SOLVED

It turns out this is not a Netgear problem but one with Windows. Not sure why but most posts I browsed talked about Admin rights in properties or remnant of the program still working However this update had worked previously with no issues.

Solution was to restart computer! isn't it always! Then install of firmware went perfectly.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
RoySharp
Aspirant

I've just updated an RN104 from firmware 6.4 to 6.7.5 today as ReadyCloud would only display the upgrade page. There are now no cloud users shown on the ReadyNas admin pages and although the device is shown on the ReadyCloud screen there is no folder tree. How do I get this working?
Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Have you migrated your account to SSO?  That was required when 6.5.1 was released.

https://kb.netgear.com/30671/ReadyCLOUD-to-MyNETGEAR-Single-Sign-On-FAQ

Message 3 of 6
RoySharp
Aspirant

yes, did that before updating. This is all new set up today.

Message 4 of 6
Mike101
Tutor

@Mike101 wrote:

Dear All

Can anyone please help?

Mike

Update

however it is currently "offline" a regularly recurring problem. Had to check via IP address.

So it seems my problem is soley with reinstalling the ReadyCloud app on my remote PC.

Message 5 of 6
Mike101
Tutor

@Mike101 wrote:

@Mike101 wrote:

Dear All

Can anyone please help?

Mike

Update

So it seems my problem is solely with reinstalling the ReadyCloud app on my remote PC.

NOW SOLVED

It turns out this is not a Netgear problem but one with Windows. Not sure why but most posts I browsed talked about Admin rights in properties or remnant of the program still working However this update had worked previously with no issues.

Solution was to restart computer! isn't it always! Then install of firmware went perfectly.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements