Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Microsoft .NET error after update ReadyCloud client /RN102 6.60 OS

claasse4
Aspirant

Microsoft .NET error after update ReadyCloud client /RN102 6.60 OS

After updating my ReadyCloud client software (to v1.13) or the RN102 firmware (to 6.60) I suddenly experience a .NET-error blocking the (proper) use of IE/Chrome.

DotNetErrorReadyNAS.PNG

Any idea (running Win10 on Dell InspironOne2310)?

Coen

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 11
claasse4
Aspirant

Update:

- issue was not the RN102 new OS6.60

- Recovered PC to earlier date (.NET-error disappeared)

- Re-installed ReadyCloud Desktop (.NET-error still gone ...)

Hence all OK again (pity it happened).

Coen

Message 2 of 11
clinford
Aspirant

On a Windows 10 Laptop I to have the same problem.

I have uninstalled and removed all c:/users/AppData and reinstalled from the Portal but still that same error. so I can't access any of my Readynas devices.

Message 3 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi clinford,

claasse4 I think experienced issues regarding the usage of the browser itself and not just the access of the ReadyNAS devices.

Just to clear it out, do you have any issues using your browser other than accessing the ReadyNAS? Can you also post a screenshot of the error that you are getting?

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
clinford
Aspirant

Hi FramerV,

Thanks for your reply, to confirm I ham having the issue when trying to use the ReadyCloud Windows desktop App. I can access the devices via https://readycloud.netgear.com fine.

Message 5 of 11
claasse4
Aspirant

Hi FramerV,

I indeed had problems accessing the RC-DeskTop and indeed was also missing part of my browser (IE11 & Chrome) functionality (i.e. missing top-level bar required for login). All seems to be fixed by system-recovery (to an earlier date hence not so dramatic as Clinford did ..) and re-installing the DT-client (indeed via the website).

Kind regards,

Coen

Message 6 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@clinford wrote:

Hi FramerV,

Thanks for your reply, to confirm I ham having the issue when trying to use the ReadyCloud Windows desktop App. I can access the devices via https://readycloud.netgear.com fine.

Hi clinford,

Is it also a .NET error, if you are; have you tried  the steps done by claasse4?

You may also try to check if you can completely remove the ReadyCloud APP same as with topic posted below:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/remove-all-traces-of-readycloud-desktop-app/td-p/1070947

Please be aware the step describe there is involving registry editting.

Regards,

Message 7 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi claasse4,

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello claasse4

This error means the client can not download new installer from readycloud server,ReadyCLOUD engineering added new error handling in ReadyCLOUD client for this issue and they will release new version in the near feature.

can you please do something on your Windows computer to see if it can fix the issue?

***change DNS to 8.8.8.8 on your Windows computer

***disable firewall

Message 9 of 11
clinford
Aspirant

Thanks tried both DNS change and disable firewall and now working but a suitable long term solution as PC on Work Domain and so can't find Domain controller now wirh DNS set to Google: 8.8.8.8.

Alos domain policy is to have firewall, what are the port settings to allow Desktop App to work ? 

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Add back your normal DNS server (but keeping 8.8.8.8 as well). That should still work.

The default port is 6300 (but you should be able to change it).  https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/RN104-Router-Ports-to-open/m-p/948498/highlight/true#M61...

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements