Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple ReadyCloud accounts (apps) on same Windows desktop

Blueray3
Guide

Multiple ReadyCloud accounts (apps) on same Windows desktop

I want to to have 2 ReadyNAS 312s on different systems but administer them from the same Windows desktop.  Can I create 2 ReadyCloud accounts...one for each NAS and just log in separately from the same Windows desktop to administer them> -Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Multiple ReadyCloud accounts (apps) on same Windows desktop

Hello Blueray3,

Why not create ReadyCloud accounts for the users that you would like to access the NAS? Then you just need to invite these ReadyCloud accounts, they will be able to access the shares that you will allow them to access but not manage the NAS as only the main ReadyCloud account has the admin rights to do so.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Blueray3,

Logging in to ReadyCloud via ReadyCloud Windows desktop app will allow you to log in to two or more ReadyNAS devices but use just one ReadyCloud account. ReadyCloud portal and ReadyCloud app will only allow one account at a time but will discover multiple ReadyNAS at the same time. Anyway, it is still a better way to manage ReadyNAS units than logging in and out the accounts.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
Blueray3
Guide

Thanks for your reply JennC.

I was trying to keep users on System A from seeing the NAS's on system B when they log in to ReadyCloud.  Sounds like I could do that if I log out of ReadyCloud A on my desktop and log into ReadyCloud B from the same desktop.  I gather that is not the easiest way, but it is a way to have the NAS's on system A invisible to ReadyCloud users on system B.

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Blueray3,

Why not create ReadyCloud accounts for the users that you would like to access the NAS? Then you just need to invite these ReadyCloud accounts, they will be able to access the shares that you will allow them to access but not manage the NAS as only the main ReadyCloud account has the admin rights to do so.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Blueray3,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements