Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MyNETGEAR account, ReadyCLOUD, and ReadyNAS Duo v2

mstay
Aspirant

MyNETGEAR account, ReadyCLOUD, and ReadyNAS Duo v2

I have a ReadyNAS Duo v2 (RND2000v2) that I have been using successfully for quite some time with ReadyNAS Remote and an older version of ReadyCLOUD.  I received an email from Netgear stating that I need to migrate my ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNetgear account.  I followed the instructions and made the migration successfully.  Then I find out that my ReadyNAS Duo v2 is not discoverable on the new  ReadyCLOUD account because it's an OS5 device.  If I would have known this, I would have never migrated my account to a MyNETGEAR account.  Can I revert back to the old account so that I can continue to use my NAS as before using ReadyNAS Remote?  I understand that the old hardware and software services may be beyond support, but they were working just fine and I'd like to continue to do so until I must upgrade.

Model: ReadyNASRND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MyNETGEAR account, ReadyCLOUD, and ReadyNAS Duo v2

Hi mstay,

Welcome to the community!

There's no need for that. Just log in using your old ReadyNAS remote ID and the new password (that you've entered during the migration).

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mstay,

Welcome to the community!

There's no need for that. Just log in using your old ReadyNAS remote ID and the new password (that you've entered during the migration).

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
mstay
Aspirant

Thank you for the advice.  That worked well and I can now once again access my shares through ReadyNAS Remote.

Model: ReadyNASRND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 3 of 6
az_uk
Aspirant

Hi all,

I have a similar issue. 

I have two Nas drives - the newer of the two I can access through Ready Cloud. I am unable to access the older one. I tried entering the new details but it only shows the new drive. Please help!!!

Let me know if you need any more information from me. 

Model: RN20200|2BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage,RND2110v2|READYNAS DUO v2|EOL
Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@az_uk wrote:

I have two Nas drives - the newer of the two I can access through Ready Cloud. I am unable to access the older one. I tried entering the new details but it only shows the new drive. Please help!!!

You could of course just type the model information and firmware, and ignore the model dropdown Smiley Happy

ReadyCloud is only for ReadyNAS that run 6.5.x firmware.  It won't work with older 6.x firmware, and it won't work with 4.x or 5.x either.

Message 5 of 6
az_uk
Aspirant

Hey all,

I was hoping someone could help. Ideally, I would like to find out the external IP address of a ReadyNas Duo v2 running RAIDiator 5.3.11. How can I do this? I used to use Ready Nas remote which would display the external IP address but that doesnt seem to work on the Ready Nas Duo v2.

Ultimately, I am using AllWay Sync to sync between this Nas Drive (that is kept at another location), with the one at my place that is a ReadyNas 202 running 6.5.1.

Any help please!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements