Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MyNETGEAR erroneously indicating that product is already registered

ooooo
Aspirant

MyNETGEAR erroneously indicating that product is already registered

Hi

- I logged into MyNETGEAR. I got a first message that says "No products registered under your profile".

- I tried to register my brand new RN202 for which I provided the serial number and purchase date.

- I got a message saying "Something went wrong, Please contact support team."

- There is neither an indication of what that "something" is, nor an e-mail, URL, phone or any specific way of contacting the said "support team".

- In the Registration page (https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/register/register.aspx) I entered the required data and got a message saying "Serial number already registered."

- So, a) I got the "No products registered under your profile" message, b) the product is brand new, and c) when I tried to register the product I got a message "Serial number already registered."

...as you can see up to this point... TERRIBLE USER EXPERIENCE with this product registration thing.

Then in https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx I read... "Register your product to activate complimentary support" which I attempted, only to get the same message as above "Serial number already registered."

Can someone from NETGEAR please get my product registered?

Thanks

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MyNETGEAR erroneously indicating that product is already registered

Hi @ooooo

It might not appear on MyNETGEAR but it seems it's already registered to your profile.

I would suggest contacting NETGEAR to verify this. I have sent you a PM.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ooooo

Welcome to the Community!

Can you PM me the S/N of your RN202 so we can check. 

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ooooo

It might not appear on MyNETGEAR but it seems it's already registered to your profile.

I would suggest contacting NETGEAR to verify this. I have sent you a PM.

Regards

Message 3 of 4
ooooo
Aspirant

Thanks Marc_V.

Does anyone know what's the best way to contact NETGEAR on this? Yesyerday I called the only number I was able to find on their website, "Premium" Technical Support. After over 100 minutes on the phone, I gave up since none of the three reps I talked to was able to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements