Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS Rn104, ready cloud user problem, static IP problem, no NAS device found

tomiaurednik
Tutor

NAS Rn104, ready cloud user problem, static IP problem, no NAS device found

NAS 104, FW 6.4.1

First problem: readycloud and other updates doesn't work if I set static IP on NAS? Why?

Second: What should I do, if I'm not able to see NAS device in win explorer network? I tried refresh, network is private, and I can ping my device. I can access to device thru web browser? Any idea how to solve this. Otherwise I don't know how to map network drive for home shares? Because until firs check-in home directory(dir) for invited user is not created.

Third:

I have old cloud user. Today I invited him true readycloud to my public dir. No errors during the process, but I cannot access this folder thru win explorer. I tried to enter un and pw (some un and pw I used to enter readycloud) but it doesn't work (yes un & pw I wrote are correct). When I sign in in readycloud it can't find my device, then I press button to discover it and it find it, but then I get this image, to manage site, which brings me to admin page. At admin page I can see that this old user is member of Public dir.

NG_manage.png

So why my user can't see my NAS device, and why I can't enter to public dir using win explorer?

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS Rn104, ready cloud user problem, static IP problem, no NAS device found

@tomiaurednik wrote:

NAS 104, FW 6.4.1

First problem: readycloud and other updates doesn't work if I set static IP on NAS? Why?

Usually this a user configuration error.  Check the DNS server settings on the NAS first - most of the time users forget to set them up at all.

If the DNS servers are correct, then check the gateway address and subnet mask.

@tomiaurednik wrote:

Second: What should I do, if I'm not able to see NAS device in win explorer network? I tried refresh, network is private, and I can ping my device. I can access to device thru web browser? Any idea how to solve this. Otherwise I don't know how to map network drive for home shares? Because until firs check-in home directory(dir) for invited user is not created.

Try running cmd, and entering the following:

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nasipaddress\username /user:username userpassword

The second command should map your home share to drive letter t.  Be careful on the slashes.  nasipaddress, username, and userpassword are of course all placeholders...

Message 2 of 3
tomiaurednik
Tutor

Re: NAS Rn104, ready cloud user problem, static IP problem, no NAS device found

static IP works now (I didn't write DNSs.)

With old user I can't connect to Public or his dir. I get password error. (System error 86 has occurred.) But with the some un and pw I can connect to readycloud. But it is true that occurs this page: currently you don’t have registered or shred devices. And I can’t registered ? Why

(PS: in the past on NAS was created local user with different un, but use some email, but I delete it)

Any help will be appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements