Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS is discovered but when signing in appears offline and unable to sign into admin page

gus1234
Aspirant

NAS is discovered but when signing in appears offline and unable to sign into admin page

Hey everyone

Im having trouble logging into my ReadyNAS 102 (firmware 6.6.0), every time I login into Ready Cloud it appears as offline but when I go to the discovery page its being discovered but when I go to the admin page it asks me for the login but Im not sure what the user name is, is it the same as the Ready Cloud login? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NAS is discovered but when signing in appears offline and unable to sign into admin page

Hello gus1234,

The login for the Admin page of the NAS by default is "admin" and "password", if the default password will not work then the person who initially set it up might have change it please use that password. Once successfully login to the Admin page go to the "Cloud" tab and make sure Internet and Service has check marks, for the NAS to be accessible via Readycloud.

Also your NAS is running on an old firmware version I would recommend to upgrade the firmware to address the bugs and issues from the previous firmware. Since you are are coming from old firmware you will need to do some firmware stops before you can upgrade to the latest firmware version. Please carefully read the release notes of the latest firmware of your NAS it will contain the detailed steps on how to upgrade the firmware and also it has the list of firmware you need to upgrade to first before upgrading to the latest version available.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

Re: NAS is discovered but when signing in appears offline and unable to sign into admin page

I tried using the default admin and password but I still cant seem to get in, how do I go about changing that password?

Message 3 of 23
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello gus1234,

You can reset admin user's password to default value "password" by "OS reinstall".

How to "OS reinstall" please refer to:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Please Notes: OS reinstall
. Reinstalls the firmware from the internal flash to the disks
. Use the OS reinstall boot mode when the system crashes and corrupts some configuration files
. OS reinstall boot mode also resetssome settings on your storage system, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password,to defaults

Best Regards.

Message 4 of 23
StephenB
Guru

@BingkeX wrote:

. OS reinstall boot mode also resets some settings on your storage system, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password,to defaults

One recent change is that it now disables volume quota settings.

The only other changed settings I know of are the ethernet settings.

Message 5 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

Resetting the OS worked, only now the hard drive that Im using isnt showing up on the Read Cloud website?

Message 6 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gus1234,

On the Admin page of the NAS under Cloud tab please make sure both Internet and Service has green check marks. Also please check if ReadyCloud is enabled.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gus1234,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

hey every one,

sorry for the late reply. I can see the 2 green ticks but I still cant access my drive from the ready cloud.

Message 9 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gus1234,

Performing OS re-install also reset the network connection setting of the NAS. Please try to set static DNS address(ex. 8.8.8.8) on the NIC card of the NAS. When you log in to ReadyCloud did you use the same readycloud account to activate the feature in the admin page of the NAS? You also have an option to use a different ReadyCloud account for isolation.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gus1234,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

Ive tried reintalling the OS which fixed my problem of not being able to log in to the admin page but Im still getting the offline message when signing into ReadyCloud. How do I go about restting the network connection? Im using the same readyCloud account for both, does it make a difference?

Message 12 of 23
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi gus1234,

Would you please try to leave cloud and rejoin to cloud to see if you still have this issue?

Note: Before you leave cloud, backup your readycloud user's home folder data if your readycloud user have home folders.

Best Regards.

Message 13 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

Hi, sorry for the late reply how would I go about doing this?

Message 14 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gus1234,

You can do that by logging in to the NAS admin page then go to the Clouds tab. Note before you leave from Readycloud, please backup your Readycloud user's home folder data if your Readycloud user have home folders.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

The ready cloud tab appears off but the internet and services are both available and and everytime I try too turn it on it says "Something is preventing ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCloud server. Ive tried rebooting but I still get the same error.

Message 16 of 23
StephenB
Guru

Do you have 8.8.8.8 in the DNS server list of the NAS?

Message 17 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

No I dont have 8.8.8.8 in the list. Should I add it (how would I go about doing that?)

Message 18 of 23
StephenB
Guru

@gus1234 wrote:

...how would I go about doing that?

The big plus sign is a clue Smiley Wink

dns.png

8.8.8.8 is Google's public DNS server, and sometimes using it resolves your particular problem.

Message 19 of 23
gus1234
Aspirant

No luck unfortunatley still getting the same error

Message 20 of 23
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gus1234,

Please check if you have some local users that has the same email address with your Readycloud user. The Readycloud user must not share the same email address as a local user.

You may also try using another Readycloud account and check if you will still have the same error.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 21 of 23
appierro
Apprentice

Several people have this issue across different threads.  Try adding DNS, Create new user, different email account seem to be some of the same resolutions being offered however they don't seem to fix the issue.  Could it be an issue with the MyNETGEAR account when Netgear forced the upgrade of the ReadyCLOUD account?  It seems as if Netgear support needs to get involved.

Message 22 of 23
appierro
Apprentice

Netgear engineers fixed the issue.  There was a corrupt config file and they removed it.  I enabled Diagnostic mode , they were able to connect to my NAS, and remove the file.  

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements