Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network configuration and Computer name change

tmadisson
Aspirant

Network configuration and Computer name change

Hi guys! I'm brand new to this forum and was directed here by customer support.

I was helped two weeks back to get my NAS back online but when I have tried to log in since it just says it's offline (attached is a screenshot of the message).

I have recently changed the computers name and can't help but think that may have thrown off the configuration but the technical wizardry the customer support provided was amazing to re-configure everything - but there's no way I couldn't follow what he was doing or understand it.

Could anybody lend me a helping hand to try and do this myself?

Tom

offline.png

Model: RN10223D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
tmadisson
Aspirant

Re: Network configuration and Computer name change

I ended up reinstalling the NAS operating system bundled with it and that has corrected everything that i seem to have been having bother with. Hope anybody reading this post helpful and a possible solution for you.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tmadisson,

In the Admin page of the NAS under the Cloud tab make sure you have green check marks on Internet and Service and make ReadyCloud in enabled. Please see guide on how to enable ReadyCloud from here

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 11
tmadisson
Aspirant

Hi Marty,

Thanks for replying to my thread, attached is a video of what I come across.

NAS log on issues video

Message 3 of 11
tmadisson
Aspirant

Oh... and this is a the RAIDar status of the NAS.

RAIDar status.png

Message 4 of 11
StephenB
Guru

It looks to me like your NAS is still in tech support mode.  Did you try powering it off, and then restarting it?

Message 5 of 11
tmadisson
Aspirant

Thanks stephen, i know i did wonder why the RAIDar says tech support but i have shut it down and rebooted it. Could it have remembered the last known configuration and booted in its last mode? Or will a shut down have just started it from the very beginning.

On the front of the NAS i have the power on button lit up and the two bay LED lights on which from what i've read on the boot menus is how it should be - i think.
Message 6 of 11
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tmadisson,

After rebooting the NAS to normal mode is the ReadyCloud up and running?

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 11
tmadisson
Aspirant

No, thats not sorted it. I conducted a test and all boot modes came up technical support, 'some other' support or nothing at all according to RAIDar.
Message 8 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@tmadisson wrote:
No, thats not sorted it. I conducted a test and all boot modes came up technical support, 'some other' support or nothing at all according to RAIDar.

That suggests something is corrupted on the disks.  I suggest using paid support (my.netgear.com).  Ask about per-incident support.

Message 9 of 11
tmadisson
Aspirant

Thanks, i guess
Message 10 of 11
tmadisson
Aspirant

I ended up reinstalling the NAS operating system bundled with it and that has corrected everything that i seem to have been having bother with. Hope anybody reading this post helpful and a possible solution for you.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements