Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Poor upload speed Readynas Vault

Veenie
Aspirant

Poor upload speed Readynas Vault

First of all what THE ****. just trying to get some support takes me more then an hour of all kind of forms and registration issues...
Support seems like is something that netgear won;t want to do on his products...

Well the issue I'm having is that I've bought the readycloud vault for backing up my NAS due the fact that the data stored on my nas is getting more and more valuable. So I wanted an good backup system for it if anything will happen to it.

Unfortanly it has only to do about 60gb of backups. with my 150/15mbps speed cable that must be possible in an couple of hours or an day tops.

After 8 hours it only did an stunning 1.8GB, the speed limit was removed and set to 100%. It seems it doesn;t matter it's just taking it's time rolling very slow.. Checking up with my router it's not even doing more then 1mbps most of the time. maxing out at 2mpbs..

In this way it's taking an week or so to just backup the first time, but all changes will take an hell of a time as well.

What is throtteling the backup task?

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Poor upload speed Readynas Vault

Likely the ReadyCloud VPN.  You might try https://vault.readynas.com/help/tech_support.aspx

Message 2 of 7
Veenie
Aspirant

Just an really bad experience with netgear on this part.
The NAS just couldn;t place it's data at the vault. 46GB in 7 days is just terrible. Our connection can handle that amount of data in just 8 hours. And netgear keeps telling it's the upload speed. Or the NAS just couldn't handle it... well no it's the netgear vault that has an really poor speed. Processing all the time but doing absolutly nothing.

Jumped over to dropbox and in just 6 hours we've already transferred 30GB. So way to go dropbox! 
Also Netgear promised Chat support, well there is no chat support at all. Oops we wrongly addressed that sorry we don't have any. You can send us an email which will take 24-48 hours to reply on. Sorry? We had the PRO storage... but just no support at all.

too bad netgear still doesn;t support the one drive, but hell yeah support isn't there best part anyway.

Message 3 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Veenie,

Readynas vault is a 3rd party offsite backup, the support will be handle by their department. If we try to isolate the NAS serves as the source of backup of both Vault and dropbox, if the problem is on the NAS both dropbox and vault will encounter the same problem. For this I would recommend to contact vault for support.

As for the one drive the feature is already available on the beta firmware 6.9.0 but it is still on beta form as well, please check this thread here.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
Veenie
Aspirant

Well I did contact them.. and Oh Boy what an lack of technical know how is there..
Also the sold with chat support, well not to be found any where.

They keep telling me that the issue was my upload speed. Which is 15mbit (2mb/s) well with dropbox and google drive there is no issue.
In fact google drive did the same task in just 30 hours... where netgear vault was already up to 100 hours+ and still didn';t do just about 10%.

so the issue is totally at netgears side, but to bad they didn't want to do anything about it, we've cancelled our vualt subscription.

Message 5 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Veenie,

it does appear that you already cancelled your Vault subscription. It was isolated the the problem was not with NAS, there are other offsite backup option available on the cloud services of the NAS however as of the moment most of them are still on beta form. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Veenie,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements