Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN 212 -- ReadyCloud -- "Currently you have no registered or shared devices"

DJ_NYC
Aspirant

RN 212 -- ReadyCloud -- "Currently you have no registered or shared devices"

I can access my ReadyNAS storage from the client on my "home" laptop, and remotely (from the ReadyCloud web app) from my administrator email account.  However, when I attempt to access the various shares from a second email address (which has specific access to these shares, per the "Manage" tab of the ReadyCloud app) I get the error message "Currently you have no registered shares or devices."  I have logged out and logged in, with no luck.  I have asked my son (who is also allowed remote ReadyCloud access to the same shares via *his* email address), and he can see and access the shares.  It's just this second email address which has the problem.

Clearly, this is a common problem, as there are numerous posts of the same type, none of which share a common solution, and some of which seem to remain unsolved.  It's always frustrating when you see that a problem is occurring over and over, and no permanent solution seems to be in place.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DJ_NYC
Aspirant

Re: RN 212 -- ReadyCloud -- "Currently you have no registered or shared devices"

John:

Thanks for the reply.  The firmware is 6.9.4 Hotfix 1, which is currently the latest version.  I had tried deleting the email address an re-adding it, with no change in results.  However, I was able to solve the problem, by determining the issue lay somewhere else.  Here's what happened:

When one adds the new user email address, and that user log in to ReadyCloud using My NetGear, the user is asked, when signing in, to link his or her ReadyCloud account.  The user is warned that the accounts cannot be linked after confirming.  The options available are, if memory serves, "Confirm and bind" or "Confirm without binding."  To say that these instructions are not self-explanatory and were apparently written by someone who doesn't speak English is to put it kindly.  Further, it doesn't say what to do when one does not *have* a pre-existing ReadyCloud account.  When I finally tried the option "Confirm without binding," whatever that means, it all worked.

Thanks again, and if word could be passed on to improve the user interface to something more easily understanable (my son is an engineer in the field of computer science and artificial intelligence, and he found it as opaque as I did), it would help us all out.

DJ

View solution in original post

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN 212 -- ReadyCloud -- "Currently you have no registered or shared devices"

Hi DJ_NYC,

Welcome to the Community!

What is the current firmware version of the NAS?

Have you tried deleting and re-inviting that email address to ReadyCLOUD?

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DJ_NYC,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
DJ_NYC
Aspirant

John:

Thanks for the reply.  The firmware is 6.9.4 Hotfix 1, which is currently the latest version.  I had tried deleting the email address an re-adding it, with no change in results.  However, I was able to solve the problem, by determining the issue lay somewhere else.  Here's what happened:

When one adds the new user email address, and that user log in to ReadyCloud using My NetGear, the user is asked, when signing in, to link his or her ReadyCloud account.  The user is warned that the accounts cannot be linked after confirming.  The options available are, if memory serves, "Confirm and bind" or "Confirm without binding."  To say that these instructions are not self-explanatory and were apparently written by someone who doesn't speak English is to put it kindly.  Further, it doesn't say what to do when one does not *have* a pre-existing ReadyCloud account.  When I finally tried the option "Confirm without binding," whatever that means, it all worked.

Thanks again, and if word could be passed on to improve the user interface to something more easily understanable (my son is an engineer in the field of computer science and artificial intelligence, and he found it as opaque as I did), it would help us all out.

DJ

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements