Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN10200 backup button doesn't work

mariokappa
Aspirant

RN10200 backup button doesn't work

Hello everybody,

here is my problem:front button "Backup" stopped working.

If i manually launch backup from dashboard,everything works well,i have only one backup in the list.

If i press the frontal backup button,in the dashboard i can see that readynas receive the command,but nothing happens,no errors and backup doesn't start.

I have this problem only this month,5 or 6 weeks ago everything was ok,and i didn't touch anything...no updates,nothing...firmware 6.4.2

Someone can help me?

thank you

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps try deleting the backup button sequence and then recreate it.  In the web ui select backup, then the backup button icon.

Message 2 of 6
mariokappa
Aspirant

I already tried to cancel the process and recreate it but no way,didn't work.

Thank you for helping me

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mariokappa,

Welcome to the community!

I suggest contacting support center as it may need to be checked by higher tier remotely.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
RickPolaski
Aspirant

RN10200, same problem with the backup button, updated to 6.4.2 because the backups would fail every time with 6.4.0 and 6.4.1 not to mention a number of other issues. I recreated the two backups and deleted the backup jobs on the backup button page and recreated them. I push the backup button on the front and nothing happens, just sits there saying the jobs are ready. It does show the status as backup button job is in progress. Been waiting since December for and update and fixes for 6.4.0 and 6.4.1 and now we have new issues with 6.4.2 this is ridiculous 

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RickPolaski,

How many external USB storage devices have you tried or tested? Will it be possible if you can try another one or two?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team​​

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements