Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 Inconsistent Sync with Desktop Client

clnock
Tutor

RN104 Inconsistent Sync with Desktop Client

I have an RN104, which has 4x 3TB WD Red's installed. I bought the NAS primarily for ReadyCLOUD to save monthly outgoings to Dropbox and Onedrive. I transferred all of my cloud data (approx. 250GB in total - 180GB of family photos and 70GB documents and other data) to to the RN104 after setting up ReadyCLOUD. Data started syncing to my home PC, work PC, home laptop and work laptop (4 desktop clients in total). I turned on camera sharing on my phone and my wife's phone and, sure enough, my photos started uploading.

I had a bit of a reshuffle on Saturday and moved some of my photos around inside my sync'd photos folder on my home laptop. These changes were uploaded to the RN104 and the photos appear in the correct folder when browsing to the network path manually. However, the changes haven't propagated to the other 3 devices. The photos appear in their original folders and folders deleted or renamed are not deleted of renamed on the other 3x machines. I've tried rebooting the machines and signing out and back in to ReadyCLOUD but the changes made still haven't propagated. After several reboots, my home PC has started 'Indexing' the pictures folder but keeps jumping between a low percentage and high percentage with no real progress. My work PC and laptop both show the Pictures folder as 'Synchronised' but do not show the changes I made on my home laptop and confirmed on the RN104 by looking directly at the share.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN104 Inconsistent Sync with Desktop Client

Hello clnock,

What's the firmware version of the NAS and the version of the ReadyCloud desktop client?

You might want to update the firmware of the NAS, version 6.6.0 has just been released.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi clnock, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 5
clnock
Tutor

Hi JohnRo / JennC,

Thanks for your responses. I was running 6.5.2 but have since upgraded to 6.6.0. This issue has escalated greatly since my original post. The issue was still evident so I upgraded to 6.6.0. The issue did not resolve but I'm now having issues actually accessing synchronised files on the three devices that aren't syncing - when I try to open any file, I get a 'you do not have permission to access this file' error - this can be Word documents, Excel documents, photos, PDFs - anything. On one of the devices, I completely uninstalled the ReadyCLOUD app, deleted the folder containing all files, re-installed ReadyCLOUD and started another sync - however, only 1Mb sync'd (one file) before the ReadyCLOUD app showed 'Synchronisation Failed' on all sync'd folders. It would cycle between 0% synchronised and 'Synchronisation Failed'. I left it overnight but had the same issue the next day. I then edited the cloud.config file to change the ReadyDrop folder but this also didn't help. However, browsing directly to the files over the network by browsing to \\<nashostname> works fine - I can open and save any file I like.

On the third device, I've plugged in an external USB drive, mapped to D:, uninstalled the app, deleted the folder containing the inaccessible sync'd files, re-installed the app, edited the cloud.config file to change the ReadyDrop path to a folder on the 😧 drive (the exernal USB device), signed into the app and all files have sync'd fine and are fully accessible. I can't do this with the other 2 devices as they are laptops and mobile.

I'm starting to go bold with all the hair I'm tearing out so any help would be appreciated. All devices are running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (with Anniversary Update), version 1.13 of the ReadyCLOUD app and are all using the same MS Live account to sign into Windows.

Regards,

Craig.

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello clnock,

I'm sorry but are you referring to computers when you say "on one of the devices" or "third device"?

I think it is best if you contact support and get the per-incident contract so a support expert will walk you through checking what could have caused this and have the case escalated if necessary which I think will really happen.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements