Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10400 cannot access some folders via ReadyCloud

bjay2008ac
Aspirant

RN10400 cannot access some folders via ReadyCloud

I Have a W.10 pc .Cannot open some folders from the Readycloud on the desktop,  Running Readycloud Client. v 1.16  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling / Switching off the router and back on.  Refresh the readycloud but still no good, could anyone help.

John M.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN10400 cannot access some folders via ReadyCloud

Hi bjay2008ac,

Thank you for the update. It is good to know that everything is working now. We encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bjay2008ac,

I understand that some of the share folders are not accessible using the Readycloud desktop app. Are you able to access those folders locally? Is there any permission configured on those folders? Do you have the same issue when you try it on another computer?

Welcome to the Community!

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
bjay2008ac
Aspirant

Hi Thank you for your reply. I can access the folders from the admin page, but not from the Readycloud app. the settings are set to everone/admin/ . i have 2 laptops one running W10. one running Vista and the pc running W10.   it is the same on all the computers.. I have discovered this morning i can access the Documents folder, but that is the only one, that is the same on all the computers.  when trying to access a folder from the Readycloud, as soon as i click on the folder i can see a small wheel going round for a short time then it goes off,and dose not open the folder.

Regards. John M.

Model: RN10222D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 3 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bjay2008ac,

Can you try accessing '\\<NAS_IP_address>' on the Windows Explorer, wherein the NAS_IP_address is the local IP address of your ReadyNAS. Please check if you can access those folders.

Please also provide a screenshot of your Readycloud permission settings. 

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
bjay2008ac
Aspirant

Message 5 of 7
bjay2008ac
Aspirant

Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying, after reading your reply ref the Readycloud settings i changed some of the Readycloud settings. 1, made shore the Everyone box was checked. 2. scrolled down to the email address. this box was not checked. so i put a check in the box and applied it, all is working now. so thank you so much. for your help.

John M.

Message 6 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bjay2008ac,

Thank you for the update. It is good to know that everything is working now. We encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements