Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readnas cannot connect to readycloud

appierro
Apprentice

Readnas cannot connect to readycloud

ReadNas cannot connect to Readycloud.  Something is preventing.  Disks are good.  Local Admin account is set up with same email as MyNetgear account.

Model: RN10223D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay,ReadyNAS Remote|
Message 1 of 55

Accepted Solutions
appierro
Apprentice

Re: Readnas cannot connect to readycloud

Netgear engineers connected to my NAS via ReadNAS Diagnostic mode and removed a corrupt Config file.  Once they removed the config file, I was able to connect to ReadyCLOUD.  Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 55

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @appierro

Welcome to the Community!

What message are you getting? Were you able to login to the portal? Please make sure Internet and Services have green check marks and set a static DNS on your network, please add 8.8.8.8 and your router address.

You may also want to change the Email address of your Local admin or create another MyNETGEAR Account.

Regards

Message 2 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

My local admin account (admin) does not have an email assigned to it.

On the cloud tab of my ReadyNAS, i do not have any users listed.  I do have two green checkmarks for Internet Available and Services Available.

I was able to connect, however right around the time I had to merge my Readycloud account with the new MyNetgear account, this issue arose.

I'm connecting via my Orbi RBK50 system.

The error that I'm receiving when I try to enable Readycloud from the Cloud tab of my ReadyNAS admin page is, "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting with the Readycloud server.  Please reboot your NAS and try again".

I've rebooted, installed latest firmware to 6.9.1 and still have the same issue.

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 55
StephenB
Guru

Try adding 8.8.8.8 to the DNS server list in the NAS network configuration.  That's google's public DNS server.

Message 4 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

Thanks, I'll try now.

In the tab Network > Advanced > Routes section, what would I be adding for Subnet and Masks?

Message 5 of 55
StephenB
Guru

appierro wrote:

In the tab Network > Advanced > Routes section, what would I be adding for Subnet and Masks?

Generally nothing.  Very few users need static routes.  Did you set some up?

Message 6 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

No, never set anything up.  It's just enforcing me to supply that info in the Routes section.  I don't see anywhere else that I can add DNS specifically.

Message 7 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It should be Network>Links then choose the NIC you are using and click on the Gear icon then go to IPv4 properties

Message 8 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

Thanks Mark, added the DNS but same issue is arising when trying to enable ReadyCLOUD on the ReadyNAS admin page.  "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCLOUD server."

Message 9 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

On the RN Admin page, Accounts > Cloud Users = No cloud users are displayed.  However when I click on Invite User, the RN is joined to ReadyCLOUD already.  I'm assuming that this issue is related to upgrading the ReadyCLOUD account to the MyNETGEAR account.  I feel there should be a cloud user listed.  Any ideas on how to unjoin my RN with ReadyCLOUD and try to join again?

Message 10 of 55
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

In the Admin Page, go to Cloud page, in the ReadyCLOUD section, click "Leave" to un-join previous account, and then click "Join" to join it with your MyNETGEAR account. 

Message 11 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes, kindly try to re-join your NAS using your MyNETGEAR account.

Message 12 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

Thanks, however in the Admin page of the NAS , Cloud Tab, There isn't a Leave option.  ReadyCloud is set to Off.  Any ideas?

Message 13 of 55
Realone
Tutor

Don't want to hijack your topic, but just report I'm having the same issue. NAS connectivity to the internet is not the problem. I had something to do with ReadyCloud. Removed the device from ReadyCloud, then tried to enable ReadyCloud on the NAS and the error 'Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCLOUD server. Please reboot you ReadyNAS and try again.'

I've tried both with a local NAS user with the same e-mail address as the ReadyCLOUD account and a user without.

Message 14 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@appiierro

It should be turned on to join/leave ReadyCloud. Kindly try to leave and join back and see if you will still get the same issue.

@Realone

Have you set DNS on your Network? Also try to create a new MyNETGEAR account if i will be successful.

Message 15 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

I am unable to turn it on as when I try switching it on, and try to log on, I receive the error "Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from communicating with the ReadyCLOUD server"

Message 16 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have other users that has same email with your ReadyCloud account? Can you try creating another MyNETGEAR account and see if we will get the same issue.

Message 17 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

I created another account and tried but same error.  ReadyCLOUD switched to off, try logging in but receive same error "something is preventing readynas from communicating with readycloud server"

Message 18 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Also please try to login on the Web portal readycloud.netgear.com then try to join the NAS again once you have successfully logged in.

Message 19 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

Tried logging in to ReadyCLOUD then going into Admin and joining, same error message.

Message 20 of 55
Realone
Tutor

@Marc_V 

Yes DNS is setup. I can guarantee you there's no internal network issue, this is strictly a ReadyCLOUD problem.

I did have actually tried it on a completely different account but no success. This makes sense, because you cannot even turn on ReadyCLOUD in the NAS without receiving the error mentioned earlier. An account is not even involved yet.

Message 21 of 55
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@appierro @Realone

Do you have any security software or firewall that might be blocking or filtering traffic? You can try by disabling or connecting to another connection like LTE or to another WiFi.

If you can send me the full logs of your NAS that would be great, kindly PM me a link to download it.

Message 22 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

Sorry,  been updating the other thread as well with similar issues. NOt using any kind of securtiy software, firewall or anything other than basic Verizon Fios network settings, with my Orbi connected to it and the NAS plugged into the Orbi.

Let me know how you would like me to send you the logs, although I've read thru the logs on the Admin > System > Logs page and there isn't anything related to this issue. 

Message 23 of 55
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

@appierro @Realone I will PM you to set up remote diagnostics so we can investigate. Thank you.

Message 24 of 55
appierro
Apprentice

Sent you the port

Message 25 of 55
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 54 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements