Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD Androd app Vers 2.0.0 - message bubble?

Bruci
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD Androd app Vers 2.0.0 - message bubble?

ReadyNAS 102 DEVICE with Firmware 6.9.4.

Question: Samsung Android ReadyCLOUD app is showing an 'orange bubble' with 248 written inside. What does this mean and how can I remove this bubble? My assumption is that it represents some number of attempts to access my ReadyNAS device, or a quantity of messages. I can access the NAS 102  via ReadyCLOUD on the Android and my PC.

Thanks 

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Bruci
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCLOUD Androd app Vers 2.0.0 - message bubble?

Stephen,  Thanks for assistance, I will let the matter rest there and will look into OPEN VAN and Zero tier as possible solutions. I noted on the ReadyCLOUD app Playstore download on my tablet that others have said the later version of this app was causing problems. As long as I can access my NAS device via a browser this gives some comfort. Again thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It certainly is a alert count of some sort.  Do you see any alerts when you open the app (or when you swipe down on the phone)?

If you just want the counter to go away, you can use the procedure here: https://www.addictivetips.com/android/how-to-enable-or-disable-notification-badges-for-apps-on-andro...

Message 2 of 10
Bruci
Aspirant

Stephen B,

I do not see the alert when opening the app or when I swipe down on phone. I used the link you supplied and de-activated the notification under app settings but the alert bubble did not go away even after restart of device. Image supplied to show my fault

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Is the app working properly (giving you access to the NAS files)?

Message 4 of 10
Bruci
Aspirant

From Android device answer is no. When app is opened first screen identifies my NAS device but when attempting to link it the response is 'you have no shares on this device'. 

On my pc however I can not only access my NAS device but also the folders/documents etc. The Network screen shows all the main folders and the word 'share' written underneath.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app on Android device without curing problem. Clearly an Android link issue

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Bruci wrote:

On my pc however I can not only access my NAS device but also the folders/documents etc. 

Are you able to access it when you go to readycloud.netgear.com in your web browser?

Message 6 of 10
Bruci
Aspirant

Yes I can via chrome browser on my Samsung tablet. I find this strange and confess the only time I accessed on Web browser was via the 'admin' link of ReadyCLOUD. Do you suggest I forget about access to my NAS device via android app and instead use browser for android devices?

Message 7 of 10
Bruci
Aspirant

Forgot to also ask if further thoughts on removing the alert 'bubble'. Although I assume if I stop using android app and depend on browser access uninstalling app will remove issue. After all the only important fact is access to my NAS device from Android equipment

Message 8 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Bruci wrote:

Do you suggest I forget about access to my NAS device via android app and instead use browser for android devices?

No, I was trying to sort out if it was an issue with the app, or with the connection between the NAS and ReadyCloud.  It sounds like it's the app.

Though if you are simply wanting remote access to the NAS there are other options.  I generally use OpenVPN (which is built into my Orbi router).  Zerotier also works, and there is a app that can be installed on the NAS. 

Message 9 of 10
Bruci
Aspirant

Stephen,  Thanks for assistance, I will let the matter rest there and will look into OPEN VAN and Zero tier as possible solutions. I noted on the ReadyCLOUD app Playstore download on my tablet that others have said the later version of this app was causing problems. As long as I can access my NAS device via a browser this gives some comfort. Again thanks.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements