Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD Desktop Client shows device offline

TimOverfield
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD Desktop Client shows device offline

I have been using a ReadyNAS 104 with 12 TB of disks since 2013 which has always been reliable when accessed over my local network.

However I now need to access it remotely and have tried using ReadyCloud with little or no success

ReadyCloud is enabled on the ReadyNAS device (with two green ticks) and the firmware is 6.6.1

But...

ReadyCloud on my W7 desktop via the local network sees the drive but says it is offline (but can fully access it via its IP address)

ReadyCloud on a new W10 PC that I'm setting up for remote access sees the drive but says it is offline via both the local network & via a cellular connection (but can fully access it via its IP address on the local network)

ReadyCloud on my work W10 desktop sees the drive but says it is offline (via my remote / work network)

ReadyCloud on my work W10 laptop sees the drive but says it is offline (via my remote / work network)

All PCs are using ReadyCloud v1.15 

However...

My IPad can see and completely access the drive via local network, remote / work network & cellular using ReadyCloud App v1.5.9 (139) so I'm guessing the drive is working fine, it's just the Windows App that seems to be having problems.

Looking through the discussions it does seem ReadyCloud is a little troublesome but I haven't seen a solution to this set of symptoms so I'd appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
TimOverfield
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCLOUD Desktop Client shows device offline

Problem now fixed by Daniel in Netgear Support as follows;

Solution part 1: Removing User Conflicts.

Cloud users and local users cannot share the same name or email address.
We edited your local user and removed the email address, which was used on as the name on your cloud account.

Solution Part 2: Restarting the Service.

Last year (firmware 6.5.0), we upgraded ReadyCloud. You had upgraded your account correctly, but we could see in the Cloud tab of your ReadyNAS that it was still linked to the old username, rather than the account's email address.

There was a few things we could do here, but as you were not using the readycloud home folders, the quickest solution was to click the Leave button and to re-enter your details.

ReadyCloud now operating on W7 and W10 machines.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
drdavidk
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue. My iPad connects to my servers remotely but the desktop client and the web connection with either Safari or Chrome shows the servers offline. Seems to be an issue at Netgears end since servers sre online. Any feedback from Netgear?

Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello TimOverfield

can you please check if Leaf network interface of your Windows has obtained IP address from server?you can go to Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Setting>Leaf  Networks Adapter>Details,correct IP should be 5.*.*.*,did you install any firewall application on your Windows?

Message 3 of 7
TimOverfield
Aspirant

Deniro

Thanks for the response.

I've checked on three of the four PCs that ReadyCloud doesn't work on and all have their network Leaf Adaptors operating with IP addresses in the range 5.*.*.* which I think is the question you were asking.

My two home machines have firewalls via Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 but seem to have ReadyCloud as a trusted application.  My work PCs use Sophos but I'm not familiar with the settings for this (and they are a low priority for me anyway).

I hope that helps, thanks for taking the time to try to help me.

Regards

Tim

Message 4 of 7
Viffergb
Luminary

Just discovered I'm having the same problem Smiley Sad

Desktop Client keeps reporting that my NAS is 'Offline', but it isn't, as I can access it locally via direct IP address!

Have tried signing out and back in to ReadyCloud Desktop Client, but it makes no difference.

Trying to sign in via the ReadyCloud web portal also results in it reporting that my NAS is 'Offline'.

When viewing the status of the Leaf Networks Adapter, it's reporting:-

"IPv4 Connectivity:  No network access"

Please advise when it will be fixed.

Regards,

Viffergb

Message 5 of 7
Viffergb
Luminary

Tried again this morning and it's working again Smiley Happy.  The NAS is turned off at night for 6 nights of the week, so having reset the NAS may have sorted the problem.......maybe!

What I reported about the Leaf Adapter must have been a 'red herring' as it's still reporting that, and I guess it only comes into play for VPN connections..yes/no?

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on things.

Regards,

Viffergb

Message 6 of 7
TimOverfield
Aspirant

Problem now fixed by Daniel in Netgear Support as follows;

Solution part 1: Removing User Conflicts.

Cloud users and local users cannot share the same name or email address.
We edited your local user and removed the email address, which was used on as the name on your cloud account.

Solution Part 2: Restarting the Service.

Last year (firmware 6.5.0), we upgraded ReadyCloud. You had upgraded your account correctly, but we could see in the Cloud tab of your ReadyNAS that it was still linked to the old username, rather than the account's email address.

There was a few things we could do here, but as you were not using the readycloud home folders, the quickest solution was to click the Leave button and to re-enter your details.

ReadyCloud now operating on W7 and W10 machines.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements