Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD Windows client duplicate data

jpage
Follower

ReadyCLOUD Windows client duplicate data

Hey all,

I want to know if this behaviour is normal or not (RN102 firmware 6.2.5):

I have a folder (C:\Users\john\photo\) with many files. In ReadyCloud Windows client, I choose sync with PC folder and I picked the photo folder. Now a new folder is created in the NAS (\data\PC-name-photo\) and the sync process starts, so far so good.

BUT in addition to that, a new folder is auto created in the PC, (C:\Users\john\ReadyCLOUD\PC-name-photo\) so I end up having my photo files duplicated in my PC.

Why the hell is that additional folder created? 

Thanks,

John.

Message 1 of 2
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Re: ReadyCLOUD Windows client duplicate data

Hello,

It sounds like the description of two different features of the ReadyCLOUD App. If you select the “Backup PC Folder” option within your ReadyCLOUD Desktop App you can select a folder on your local machine which will then be duplicated on the ReadyNAS as you described. However, this is a backup and not a sync operation.

If you go to any of the shares in your ReadyCLOUD Desktop App you will be presented with a “Sync” option. Selecting this option will then initiate a sync and all data will be copied back to a local folder, again as you described.

Is your intention to backup data or to sync it ?

If you intend to perform a sync (all modifications done locally will be performed on the ReadyNAS as well, AND vice versa) then a sync will always have to be started with a share already existent on your ReadyNAS. All data will be synced to a then newly created folder on your local machine.

Bye,

Eskender

[Edited: deleted foolish nonsense]

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements