Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD iOS App Security Not Aligned with NAS

WildfireTech
Guide

ReadyCLOUD iOS App Security Not Aligned with NAS

Howdy! I have a RN312 with a few shares but I CANNOT assign permissions to my admin login email; hence, I cannot access any shares remotely as the admin user.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what's wrong?

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCLOUD iOS App Security Not Aligned with NAS

Hi @WildfireTech,

Have you tried reinstalling the iOS App you have? What firmware is your ReadyNAS running?

Kindly update the firmware to the latest if not yet done then try to reinstall the App first then relogin to your ReadyCloud account

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @WildfireTech

ReadyCloud admin account should have access to shares by default. Have you set any permissions on your shares before this happened?

What error message are you getting? You may want to recheck the permissions.

Here are some articles

ReadyCloud permissions

Setting permissions

On ReadyCloud Portal, you can go to Manage tab and check on the Share permissions.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
WildfireTech
Guide

Marc,

Thanks for the response.  The error I am getting through the ReadyCOULD iOS App is "Error 403 - Forbidden"

I just did some more testing, and I only get this error when I am mobile (i.e NOT on the home LAN/WAN network).  When I am home I do not get this error.  Does that indicate that the issue may be with the app itself, and not the permissions?  Or is this expceted that the iOS app doesn't allow "remote access" to files through ReadyCLOUD?

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @WildfireTech,

Have you tried reinstalling the iOS App you have? What firmware is your ReadyNAS running?

Kindly update the firmware to the latest if not yet done then try to reinstall the App first then relogin to your ReadyCloud account

Message 4 of 5
WildfireTech
Guide

Marc,

I've deleted and reinstalled the app on my iOS device.  That seems to fix the issue (sorry I didn't try that before).  Thanks for your help!  Not sure what happend to make the device app "fail" but deleting it and setting it up again seemed to do the trick.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements