Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD log file is 23 GB

k4heines
Guide

ReadyCLOUD log file is 23 GB

Most of the log files on my Mac are ~250 MB. However, one that was last modifed 6 month ago is 23 GB! I'm guessing that isn't normal? How may I clear it or truncate it? Simply deleting it is fine?

It's at this location:

~/Library/Application Support/ReadyCLOUD/

with this filename:

username@ExternalDrive.bb30126.log

The corresponding .db  file is 463 MB.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
k4heines
Guide

Re: ReadyCLOUD log file is 23 GB

Thanks, FramerV.

After posting I rememberd I had once "tricking" ReadyCLOUD into backing up my 3 TB external drive by pointing it to a symbolic for that drive link on my internal startup disk. I think that's what casued the odd log file size.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi k4heines,

If its just logs, I think deleting is fine. But it might be best to get in touch with MAC support, verify what may have caused a modification that large. I am not even sure of its importance so best to have someone that knows it take a look before deleting it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
k4heines
Guide

Thanks, FramerV.

After posting I rememberd I had once "tricking" ReadyCLOUD into backing up my 3 TB external drive by pointing it to a symbolic for that drive link on my internal startup disk. I think that's what casued the odd log file size.

Message 3 of 5
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi k4heines,

Thanks for clarifying then. Feel free to post if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi k4heines,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements