Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD not connecting

Mixer9999
Tutor

ReadyCLOUD not connecting

I upgraded my Mac Book Pro and IMAC (both on Sierra 10.12.1) to ReadyCloud 1.4 and now it will not connect.

When I use the Readycloud app, it shows "Disconnected" when I try to access the admin page through the readycloud.netgear.com after I am logged in, I get "The admin page can only be accessed with you on the same network LAN as your device". When logged in through the readycould.netgear.com web page I can access by music, pictures etc.. but I cannot get to the admin page as I mentioned.

Accessing the Readynas through my IPAD works using the ReadyCloud app. Using Netgear RAIDar finds the Readynas displaying the serial number, healthy status, firmware 6.6.0, IP address and both drives with check marks. I cannot access using the shown IP address using either Chrome or Safari as it trys and then comes back with the message page that it might be too busy, it maybe booting up etc.

If I try the discover page and hold the backup button for 5 seconds it finds the ReadyNAS and then when you hit the "manage" button it goes through the same "connecting to the ReadyNAS admin page", it times out and comes back with the same message as above (maybe busy, rebooting etc.)

I have tried reloading the Readycloud app on both the IMAC and the Mac Book Pro with the same results. I have even rebooted the ReadyNAS 212 twice with the same results. Rebooted the entire network, same result.

Note that everything was working fine until I did the upgrade to 1.4 and nothing else has changed.

What next???

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 10
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCLOUD not connecting

Hi Mixer9999,

Unfortunately I do not have the link anymore, but I did remember another forum poster having similar issues. His workaround was to downgrade the ReadyCloud App. Would be best to check my.netgear.com and have your device be registered for its warranty and support.

Regards,

Message 2 of 10
Mixer9999
Tutor

Thanks for the response. My RN212 is registered with Netgear. Is there anywhere to find the previous release of Readycloud so I can downgrade and get back up working?

Message 3 of 10
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mixer9999,

Unfortunately I do not have a copy of it. Would be best if you get in touch with support.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mixer9999,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 5 of 10
Mixer9999
Tutor

My problem is not resolved as nothing has changed since the upgrade of REadyCloud to v.1.4. I still cannot access my RN212 as it keeps showing it is disconnected. Raidair finds it and gives me an IP address and when I try to access it directly I keep getting the message that is not on the same LAN network. Note my laptop is plugged into the same Cisco 4 port switch as the 212 which is plugged into the same router. Everything was working fine until the ReadyCloud update. Can I get access to the previous version so I can get my problem resolved?

Message 6 of 10
Daragh
Guide

I am having similiar issues on both the PC (Windows 7) and Mac (macOS -  Sierra). It appears to be an issue when I am not on the same network, I've tried it from multiple different external networks but always the same problem. It can see the readyNas as being on line but can never connect the VPN and the readycloud client will report "Online (VPN Disconnected)" I can access the readyNas through a webrowser.  I am guessing I'm not alone in seing this but havent been able to resolve it!

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay
Message 7 of 10
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Daragh,

Did you also upgrade to the 1.4 ReadyCloud version?

Please send the system logs so that I can try and have it checked further.

@Mixer9999,

Please send your logs as well.

How do I send all logs to ReadyNAS Community moderators?

Regards,

Message 8 of 10
Mixer9999
Tutor

I upgraded both Macs to ReadyCloud 1.4. I uninstalled the Readycloud app on both and reinstalled, rebooted etc.. 

I am unable to send any log files as I cannot get to the admin page using either Raidar, ReadyCloud App, readycloud.netgear.com or going through a browser using the shown IP address/admin.

I have sent and email to the support address shown and have attached a number of screen shots.

Please help resolve this.

Message 9 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried using RAIDar to download the logs?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements