Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD off line

neilvranch
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD off line

Hello, I have two Readynas 104 - one is working great - the other is show greyed out button on just the readycloud which will not turn off or on, also is not show ticks above showning internet or services, it is configured the same as the other readynas but diffrent IP addresses and names so I havent got a clue - both have been upgraded at the same time and are running firmware 6.6.0.

Help Please.

Thank you

Neil

Message 1 of 18
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyCLOUD off line

Do both use static addresses?  If so, check the DNS servers configured for unconnected unit.

Message 2 of 18
neilvranch
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, both units area static ip, and both units are configured the same - I have tried 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 and the ip of the router for the DNS

Message 3 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The secondary Google DNS server is 8.8.4.4 not 8.8.8.4.

Can you send in the logs from both devices (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Please specify which is for the unit that is working fine and which isn't.

Message 4 of 18
neilvranch
Aspirant

it wouldnt let me send logs by reply but have emailed them.

is this correct

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 18
thedingding
Aspirant

after the update my device when offline as well.  it works on the web portal but not the windows app.

Message 6 of 18
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

For the Windows/Mac ReadyCLOUD "Offline" issue, it was caused by an incorrectly-published new version. 

We corrected it but the downloaded file during that period would continue to expose this issue. 

The solution is to remove this file on your computer.
On MAC: Remove file / Users/[logged in user]/Library/Application Support/ReadyCLOUD/ReadyCLOUD.pkg.version
On windows: Remove this file C:\Users\[logged in]\AppData\Local\Temp\ReadyCloudSetup.exe

Then, please uninstall the currently-installed version, and go to http://readycloud.netgear.com to download the right version. It won't prompt to update anymore. 

Thank you all and sorry for the inconvenience this might have brought to you.

Message 7 of 18
neilvranch
Aspirant

Sorry still not working on the readycloud toggle switch its still will not switch on or off and the join toggle switch is the same I can only click ready cloud or settings, so it takes me around in a circle.

any help please

Ta

Neil

Message 8 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

YeZ was replying to thedingding.

I have sent you a PM.

Message 9 of 18
thedingding
Aspirant

Thank you.  That corrected my issue

Message 10 of 18
GDM52
Aspirant

Hi There, I have the same issue. Is  with greyed out Readycloud. Isthere any chance you could post the solution.

Thanks in advance

GDM

Message 11 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Firstly you need to make sure that if you set a static I.P. address that you specified the DNS server addresses correctly.

Secondly if you were running 6.1.x or earlier when you last factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) the system we would need to check the lnconfiguration.xml file that is likely incorrect. Please send in your logs zip file (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Welcome to the community!

Message 12 of 18
GDM52
Aspirant

Hi  "on"

Thank you for the prompt reply.

The system uses DHCP, with DNS forwarding provided by my router, sot its IP address is in the DNS swettings.

The system has not been factory reset for at least 2 years. ReadyCloud appears to be functioninig in some way (I can see files in PC client) but slider button to start / stop in ReadyNAS admin page always reverts to off when I try to switch it to "on"

Will send logs in 2  mins

Hope you can help.

Thanks again

Message 13 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It seems your ReadyNAS is still registered to the old ReadyCLOUD account.

Message 14 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

GDM52's system is now fixed.

Message 15 of 18
neilvranch
Aspirant

Hi Neil Here, could you tell me if mine is still registered on the old system please I still cant turn Ready Cloud on or off or join.

Thanks

Neil

Message 16 of 18
neilvranch
Aspirant

Hi looks like I am going to factory resore 😶 I hope that does it
Message 17 of 18
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello neilvranch,

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements