Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud Account Gone Missing

nildame
Aspirant

ReadyCloud Account Gone Missing

We use this box for basic file sharing in a home office.  A Readycloud account was set up in order for box to initially work in February 2016.  Because of basic use, migration (ready cloud to mynetgear account) emails in May 2016 were ignored.  Today, we decided to back up ReadyNAS files into a USB external drive and realized we can't do without the Readycloud and can't make account migration work.  I am still able to sign-in to Readycloud but does not take me to any migration steps. The discover tab says "No Devices Discovered", which I don't understand because the box is currently used. Could mean something else to a techie.  The home and manage tabs say "Currently you have no registered devices".  Also looked into just downloading the RAIDar 6.3 but pop box about Java appears.  I prefer not to install any Java because to me it means trouble.  All grandma wants to do is make a back-up of this box.  She must be doing this all wrong but does not know how to proceed.  Can someone guide her to a simple solution?  THANKS!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyCloud Account Gone Missing

Hi nildame,

Welcome to the community.

What is your nas firmware version now? When you decide to backup readynas files to USB drive, which backup method do you use? Create a backup job? And on which page  you need the readycloud?

You can use your readycloud account to login to http://readycloud.netgear.com? Is your old readycloud account also a email formatted account?

You can check if your account have upgrade to my Netgear account follow bellow:

1. Open http:readycloud.netgear.com

2. Sign in->Upgrade Your Existing ReadyCLOUD Account->input user name password and start the upgrade progress.

Best Regards

Message 2 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@nildame wrote:

Today, we decided to back up ReadyNAS files into a USB external drive and realized we can't do without the Readycloud

That is absolutely not the case.

You can log into the NAS web ui, and create a backup job there that will write to a USB external drive.  No need for ReadyCloud.

There is a guide here: https://kb.netgear.com/29654/How-do-I-back-up-data-from-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-system-to-a-USB-disk

I recommend ignoring the advice there to use EXT formatting - I think it's much better to use NTFS.  A backup you can't read on your PCs isn't very useful.

Message 3 of 9
nildame
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen for your comment.  Yes, that's the back up instruction I was trying to do but could not get past step 1 as I don't know how to get the System-Overview to come up on my desktop.  I was under the impression that that screen comes up after logging into ReadyCloud.  If there is another way to get that screen up, will you let me know?

Thanks again,

Nilda

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 4 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi nildame,

If you know the IP address of your ReadyNAS, you may go to that page by accessing https://<ReadyNAS IP address>, where the <ReadyNAS IP address> is the IP address of your ReadyNAS.

If you do not know the IP address of your ReadyNAS, you can install and run RAIDar on a computer that is connected to the same LAN with the NAS and check its IP address. You can download the RAIDar installer here.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi nildame,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
nildame
Aspirant

Hi John CM_S - thanks for your assistance.  I ran RAIDar and found the box report. Model ReadyNAS 102, name, serial, status: HEALTHY, firmware 6.4.2 IP address and drives: 2 icons both with green checkmark.  Buttons at bottom:  Admin page, Browse, Locate, Download Logs and Diagnostics.  To the far right is Restart button. Restart, Download Logs and Diagnostics ask for user name and password. “admin” and “password” do not work. Not a valid User Name or Password.

Clicked on Admin Page and get the following message:  THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBSITE'S SECURITY CERTIFICATE.   The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.  The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.  Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

I don't know what to do next.  Help please? 

Thanks again,

Nilda

Message 7 of 9
nildame
Aspirant

Hi John CM_S - thanks for the follow-up up.  Unfortunately, I am just as lost as when I started.  PROBLEM NOT SOLVED.   'Hoping for success still.

Nilda

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@nildame wrote:

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

I don't know what to do next.  Help please? 

Ignore that warning and continue on to the website.  In some browsers you might need to click on an "advanced" link on the page to have that option.

After that, you should update the firmware to the current version (6.9.0 at the moment).  6.4.2 is too old to work with ReadyCloud.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements