Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud App not connecting - VPN connectivity issues

egoldman2
Follower

ReadyCloud App not connecting - VPN connectivity issues

For all of today, I have not been able to access the remote network I have the ReadyCloud app installed for on my Windows laptop. I can log onto the app and it gives me the following message "Online (VPN disconnected"). If I hit refresh, it says "Connecting..." and then gives me the same message as above. I've tried logging off and back on, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and turning my laptop off and on again. I also tried connecting while my laptop's firewall was down, and that didn't help. I have ReadyCloud client v1.16 and on the ReadyCloud webpage it says my version of ReadyNAS is 2120 v2. (I can access the server I'm trying to access remotely via the ReadyCloud webpage, but no thte app, which is a problem, because I need to save directly to the server.) How do I fix this issue? Is it on my end, is it on the end of the company that owns the server I'm trying to access, or is it an issue with ReadyCloud itself?

Message 1 of 6
SkylerOpenSky
Aspirant

Same issue here.  

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 2 of 6
SkylerOpenSky
Aspirant

I suspect this is Netgear's server causing issues today.   I too have noticed all day today that our ReadyCLOUD app will not establish a VPN connection.   However if I VPN my laptop to the corporate network, I can establish a local conneciton.    I've rebooted the ReadyNAS, corporate firewall, checked the Cloud internet status (green), etc.    Not sure how to report service outage or if other users are havin this issue today (16-OCT-18).

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 3 of 6
nextwavepc
Guide

any update on this? we have several devices and they are all down.

Message 4 of 6
SkylerOpenSky
Aspirant

The abillty to connect via VPN started working for us yesterday and was only down for 1 day.    You should log out and log back in to your ReadyCLOUD app on your desktop.  Once we did the logout and login, it worked again.   Hopefully this was just a fluke for a day. 

Message 5 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nextwavepc

This issue should be fixed already. In most cases, you need to reboot the NAS to reconnect to ReadyCLOUD. In 6.9.3 and above, you can manually turn off ReadyCLOUD/Replicate and re-enable if you are not reconnected automatically.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements