Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud cannot discover new RN102

gchen605
Aspirant

ReadyCloud cannot discover new RN102

Hi All,

Apologies if this is repeating past questions, but the topics I read through haven't solved my problem. I have a new RN102 with 3rd party HDDs. When I go on ReadyCloud, it is unable to discover the device, but I can get to the admin page via RAIDar. From there, I went to the "Cloud" tab to see that ReadyCloud was disabled, and I can't seem to start it up - but it does say that internet is connected (right now it says internet is connected, services offline). 

I checked my DNS settings and they appear to be correct. I can also ping my device just fine. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which version of ReadyNAS OS is on this NAS?

Message 2 of 17
gchen605
Aspirant

The latest, 6.2.4

Message 3 of 17
ross_4527
Aspirant

I can confirm that l have the same problem.
Message 4 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ross_4527,

Please try adding secondary DNS like 8.8.8.8 and see if the same problem.

If same, please see if ReadyNAS Remote is ON or OFF. If ON, turn it OFF, then turn ON ReadyCloud.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and I look forward to your update.

Regards,

Message 5 of 17
vandermerwe
Master

Are both of you using Readycloud to access the readynas on your LAN? If so you should not need to have Readycloud turned on in the GUI, that is only if you want remote access.

Have you both set up your network settings yet, if so are you using dhcp and are the readynas and the PC in the same subnet?

also try different browsers and clearing the browser cache and retrying.

Message 6 of 17
ross_4527
Aspirant

Thank you for the inputs from my perspective l was unable to connect when in Portugal to my Nas 102 which is in the UK. The connection  from my laptopn in Portugal was from a 4G vodaphone connection to an infinity broadband in the UK. The connection worked ok in April this year but when connected in June visit it failed to connect. During this time nothing has changed in Portugal in the UK recall updating NAS to 6.2.4.In the UK - home l have changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 on my router and tried from another location (my daughters) and this worked sucessfully. At this point it is ok but need to test when next in Portugal (October)  with the DNS change in mind

Message 7 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ross_4527,

The secondary DNS was supposed to be entered to the DNS settings of the NAS. Putting it to the router settings will affect the whole network, but should still be fine since that is a Google public DNS. That secondary DNS is for the ReadyCloud not enabling on admin page - Cloud tab problem mentioned by gchen.

If you are able to access the NAS from other location then there is no need to change settings on the NAS anymore. One thing you might want to check is the ReadyCloud account you use to access the NAS, the userID is case sensitive. To make sure of the user ID case sensitivity, login to remote.readynas.com and click View profile. This will show you the account information and will show you the User ID. If one letter shows up capitalized then you have to type it the same way in the ReadyCloud URL login.

On the location where you are unable to see the NAS via ReadyCloud, try also using other LAN devices of the network to isolate the problem. If you are using a smart phone (Android or iOS), it is best you use a web browser to check if you still get the same problem.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Message 8 of 17
StephenB
Guru

<deleted - accidently replied to older post on thread>

Message 9 of 17
gchen605
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the responses. I am primarily using ReadyNAS on my local network, but I'd like to have the cloud functionality for my travel. Unfortunately, tried them all and still no luck.

1. Added Google DNS to Network settings, no problem. DHCP I did configure earlier, I think it should be working, but not sure how to test beyond seeing the green check in the Cloud tab that says "Internet available."

2. Attempted to turn off ReadyNAS Remote and turn on ReadyCloud. Get Invalid user/pass error and ReadyNAS Remote turns self back on. Checked my user/pass on remote.readynas.com and it logs me in just fine.

Message 10 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gchen605,

ReadyNAS Remote will really turn itself back on when you turn ReadyCloud on, that is normal.

While logged in to ReadyCloud locally, invite a friend to access the ReadyNAS via ReadyCloud and see if the invited friend can access it via ReadyCloud. You can also create a secondary account instead of getting someone else invited. Just create another ReadyCloud account then add that seconday ReadyCloud user account, click here how to see how to add/invite.

Then login to readycloud.netgear.com using secondary ReadyCloud user account or a friend's account from a computer/smartphone/tablet that is not connected to the same network where the NAS is just like when you are travelling to see if you can access the shares via ReadyCloud as an allowed guest.

If same problem, turn off ReadyCloud from the admin page then turn it back on and enter the secondary ReadyCloud account, this makes the secondary account as an admin ReadyCloud account for your NAS. Then login to readycloud.netgear.com using secondary ReadyCloud user account from a computer/smartphone/tablet that is not connected to the same network where the NAS is again.

If same problem that even a different a different account still does not see your shares, it is best you contact support to let them see what's happening.

Regards,

Message 11 of 17
gchen605
Aspirant

Sorry, I didn't make it clear, ReadyCloud can't discover the NAS, so I can't configure it at all from readycloud.netgear.com, Only able to use local admin pages.

Message 12 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gchen605,

What username did you enter to the ReayNAS admin page when you turned on the ReadyCloud? Is that the same username you used when you logged in to readycloud.netgear.com?

Check also at remote.readynas.com, log in using the same user account and click View profile, take note of the case sensitivity. User name is case sensitive, it will log you in but will not show your NAS when enter the user name different from what it is shows on the profile at remote.readynas.com.

Regards,

Message 13 of 17
gchen605
Aspirant

I used the same user/pass to log into readycloud and remote, have checked for case sensitivity.

Message 14 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gchen605,

Try also using another web browser. You may also try rebooting the NAS. If you get the same problem, it may be best to contact support center already.

Regards,

Message 15 of 17
gchen605
Aspirant

Thanks JennC,

Yeah it looks like I'll have to start a support ticket. I'll update this with what happens.

Message 16 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello gchen605,

I checked your records and have seen you submitted a supprot case via email support. I strongly suggest you call the support line instead to speed up the process since you still have support warranty, take advantage of the 55 remaining days of your support warranty.

Regards,

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements