Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud not connecting to NAS on PC or MAC via apps or browser

designmagic
Aspirant

ReadyCloud not connecting to NAS on PC or MAC via apps or browser

Hi,

I'm unable to access my ReadyNAS via ReadyCloud via a web browser, PC or MAC but the iOS and Android Apps both work, although they show the device as offline.

When you try and access using a web browser, I can login to the account and see the NAS but it says "No Volumes or USB Disks" when you double click on it.

It has the latest firmware and port forwarding is setup to 6300 with Proxy Server disabled.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Try downloading RAIDar on the PC and tell us what status it gives.

Message 2 of 15
designmagic
Aspirant

The drive is fully discoverable on the LAN. It works via File Explorer, Raidar and the local IP.
Message 3 of 15
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi designmagic,

Welcome to the community!

By any chance, does your login or admin account have exceeded the 32 characters? Or was it used as an e-mail address by any of your registered local users? Also, tell us if Internet & Services are both marked online (green) under the Cloud tab.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 15
DeeeBeee
Aspirant

Hello,

Also My readyNas 102 has problems to connect to readycloud. Also entering the admin page is a f... problem.Yesterday I changed the logging to the one password login. Raidar recognizes my NAS - status Healty.

https://192.168.1.... vraagt om een gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord. De website meldt: ‘ReadyNAS Admin’

I used al my new, old an default admin/password and nothing did work;

Reboot NAS and reboot router didn't help. Using a dhcp or fixed ip adress was not a solution.

Clearing the cache of my firefox browser did not help. Using internet explorer did not help.

I reinstalled my firmware by a reboot via the reset button.

Syncing my raid 1 - 4TB harddisc took more than 2 days!!!

The problems before where caused by the older 6.4.2 firmware. What the hell is going on?

DeeBee

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 5 of 15
designmagic
Aspirant

Yes both green ticks are shown.

The e-mail address (MyNetgear account) is 33 characters. I will try an alternative email address.

Any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 15
designmagic
Aspirant

Changing to a shorter e-mail address has no effect. I still cannot access it on a PC or Mac, either locally or remotely using the ReadyCloud. I also can't invite any new users.
Message 7 of 15
DeeeBeee
Aspirant

Hello,

In the meantime I changed my two 4TB WD red harddiscs for 2 normal and small 80gb western digital disks. And... everything was working well.I could reach the admin page. Also the readycloud program on my PC was working well. I did see all my folders. On the small disks the folders where empty. On the 4tB disk there is almost 3tb of used space.

Here also Raidar told me that de harddisk where in good shape (green blinks + healthy message) -> so same sitution for both cases.

On my P.C I can see the folders on my 4tb disks when I use the browse button in the raidar program. When I activate the admin button in raidar. My webbrowser starts up and asks me for username + password. And once again, I can't enter the admin page.

When I activate the readycloud icon in my notification bar. It's telling me that my NAS is offline...

So what can be the problem??

Message 8 of 15
DeeeBeee
Aspirant

Yesterday i started a new reboot by using the reset button and started an OS reinstall.Notice that you need to activate step 3 and 4 at the same time. So push reset button while activating the power button. After this started up all light are on. Use the backup button at the front to jump to the different steps. Once you're on the step you want to activate press the reset button at the back briefly to confirm.

To get in the admin page. Use the default username and password. (=admin & password)

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22892/~/how-do-i-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-readynas-1...

So I could enter to the admin page.

And readycloud? No change here. I couldn't access it. I still searching for a solution.

Message 9 of 15
DeeeBeee
Aspirant

Solution to enter readycloud found!

In the admin page -> use the CLOUD tab. There I found the readycloud program. It was not activated. I put it on and now it's working again. Also the readycloud app did reach my NAS again.

I hope it will operating for a while now.

Message 10 of 15
designmagic
Aspirant

I'm still having issues. I'm unable to access the NAS via ReadyCloud since migrating to the Netgear Account from the Ready Cloud account.
Message 11 of 15
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi designmagic,

Thanks for your feedback. One more thing we can do is to totally turn off the ReadyCLOUD service by disabling it and completely leaving it by clicking the leave button.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 15
designmagic
Aspirant

Does this delete data on the NAS? If so, is it just from the home folder of the cloud account?
Message 13 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello designmagic,

Leaving the ReadyCloud using the ReadyCloud account will delete the home folders of the current users invited to access the NAS as well as the home folder of the account that has been registered to the NAS and will leave the NAS. If you have home folders for these ReadyCloud account users, back up the files first before leaving ReadyCloud from the admin page. Morever, turning OFF ReadyCloud will not delete these home folders, just leaving will.

Regards,

Message 14 of 15
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi designmagic,

We would like to know if you have tried what we suggested previously. Kindly update this as soon as you can.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements