Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud to MyNetgear migration

KSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

ReadyCloud to MyNetgear migration

Just linked ReadyNas account with the Mynetgear account. and then try to log in with mynetgear account but it shows that this mynetgear account is not linked to any device.

1. How to link mynetgear acocunt with device after upgradin gform ReadyNas account ?

2. How to allow assess to nay newly created mybeetgear account ?

3. How to set the level of assess (authority) with each mynetgear account

4. I have 2 RN102 in the network, can the same mynetgear account  to be connected with more than one device ((do not have many email account !) ?

Regards

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyCloud to MyNetgear migration

Hello KSD

Can you please check if you mirgated your ReadyCLOUD account properly?

to check your ReadyCLOUD acccount binding information,please open ReadyCLOUD portal on your Browser and go to "Sign in"->"Upgrade  to a MyNETGEAR Account"-> "Upgrade Your Existing ReadyCLOUD Account"->" (enter your old ReadyCLOUD account credential here)

Message 2 of 9
KSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Ready cloud acocunt should be upgarded to MyNETGEAR acount as I could see "We found the user  XXXX is associated with the email address : YYYYYY, Your Readycloud account has already been upgraded to a MyNETGEAR account.

When log in with MyNETGEAR account, it shows that is account is  not linked with any device.

I then log in with as adminstrator,  I can see the user name and the email address appeared as a cloud user. How to sort out this problem ?

My second queaiton is how to link the deviice (RN102) to a brand new MyNETGEAR account ?

My third quesiton is that  can one MyNETGEAR account be used to  log in with more than one device. The reason being that I have RN102 devices  in the same network but I do not have so many different email addresses  to use. 

Regards

Message 3 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi KSD,

It seems that your account have upgraded to MyNetgear Account correctly.

"When log in with MyNETGEAR account, it shows that is account is  not linked with any device.

I then log in with as adminstrator,  I can see the user name and the email address appeared as a cloud user. How to sort out this problem ?"

----Does your cloud account's own home folder have some contents? If it have some contents, you can backup them to a share, then leave your nas from cloud and  join to cloud with any valid MyNetgear account.  Then check if your issue is ok.

Notes: Leave nas from cloud would delete cloud account's home folder and all email-links and weblinks.

"My second queaiton is how to link the deviice (RN102) to a brand new MyNETGEAR account ?"

----Sure, you can leave nas from cloud and join to cloud with any valid MyNetgear account.

"My third quesiton is that  can one MyNETGEAR account be used to  log in with more than one device."

-----Yes, one MyNetgear account can access many nas devices, as long as you want. The only thing you need to do is join the nas devices to cloud with same MyNetgear account. Or invite your Mynetgear account to access a share.

For example, you have nasA and nasB, and Mynetgear account1 and account2.  You can join nasA and nasB to cloud with Mynetgear account1. Then sign in https://readycloud.netgear.com with account1, then you can access all shares of nasA and nasB there.

Or you can join nasA with account1, nasB with account2.  Then sign in with https://readycloud.netgear.com with account1, select nasA's a share to share it with full folder access for account2. After account2 confirm the invitation, sign in https://readycloud.netgear.com with account2. you can access nasB's all shares and access nasA's one share.

"How to set the level of assess (authority) with each mynetgear account"

-----After you invite a MyNetgear account, then you can set share access permission read-write/read-only/Disabled to this invitee user on Manage tab->shared Folders section.

Message 4 of 9
KSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to locate cloud account’s own home folder ? Tried to remove cloud user but cannot .a sit says “This device is joined to ReadyCloud.to remove a user, visit ReadyCloud” What should I do ?

What do you mean by leave nas ? (Sign out ?_) Join to cloud means log on with MyNETGEAR account ? The problem is MyNETGEAR account cannot log into any nas ( always saying the account is not linked with any device). I believe this new firmware is not carefully designed and tested.

It is now very frustrating to use Netgear NAS !

Message 5 of 9
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi KSD,

Please check the link on how to access the home folder.

How do I configure home folders on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system?

Please make sure to login using the account of the home user that you want to view.

Regards,

Message 6 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hi KSD,

How to locate cloud account’s own home folder ? Tried to remove cloud user but cannot .a sit says “This device is joined to ReadyCloud.to remove a user, visit ReadyCloud” What should I do ?

-------A user's home folder is a personal share for its own. Only this user have read-write permission to his home folder.  When remove cloud user on admin UI Accounts->Cloud users, you get warning info. It means that cannot remove readycloud users on admin UI. You can go to http://readycloud.netgear.com/  and sign in with owner, then go to Manage->Shared Folders, select a cloud user and try to delete it.

What do you mean by leave nas ? (Sign out ?_) Join to cloud means log on with MyNETGEAR account ?

-------Where i say "leave nas" is  that on admin UI (https://YOUR_NAS_IP/admin), go to Cloud->Readycloud page, click "Leave" button to leave nas from readycloud. "Join to cloud" means that on Cloud->Readycloud page,  turn on the switch from OFF to ON and input your MyNetgear account/password.

Only after you join your nas to cloud with your MyNetgear account, then on http://readycloud.netgear.com page, sign in with your MyNetgear account, you can see your nas device and access it. Otherwise, even though sign in with MyNetgear account, cannot see any device.

Message 7 of 9
KSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Sir

1. I log in with myNetGEAR account (admin account) , to leave nas, I follow you instruction but come up to a dialog box as follows:

LEAVE !

This device is managed by REadyCLOUD user aaa@yyyy.cc.kk (my Netgear account)

Do you really wan to remove your device from ReadyCLOUD ?

If removed, the following data will be delted

-REadyCLOUD users

-Permissions for ReadyCLOUD users

-Content within the ReadyCLOUD user’ home folders

-Shared links

LEAVE or CLOSE options.

So it is OK to choose LEAVE. (that means I have remove everything to upgrade to my netgear account ?

2. You replies on 16.02.2017 -----Yes, one MyNetgear account can access many nas devices, as long as you want. The only thing you need to do is join the nas devices to cloud with same MyNetgear account. Or invite your Mynetgear account to access a share.

3.  Also how to join the NAS device to cloud with same Netgear account ?

4. How to set up an admin netgear account ? or change it ?

Regards

Message 8 of 9
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello KSD,

I send a PM to you. Please check it.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies