Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 312 Duo cannot log in as admin after upgrade os/upgrade account

foxes
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 312 Duo cannot log in as admin after upgrade os/upgrade account

Not sure if it was updating my firmware to 6.7.1 or upgrading my Netgear account and binding my readycloud.

On my ReadyNas 312 I cannot access the admin panel.

When I log into my netgear account, it says my Nas is offline, but when I click discover the same nas is found.

I can still access all my folders on from my computer on the Nas.

My admin credentials just no longer work.

Raidar detects the nas as well, but I cannot get any logs or anything because i no longer have valid admin credentials.

I have tried the default admin/password as well.

Please Help.

Message 1 of 2
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyNAS 312 Duo cannot log in as admin after upgrade os/upgrade account

Hello foxes,

Please check whether your MyNetgear account bind to readycloud account successfully follow the bellow steps:

1. Go to http://readycloud.netgear.com, on "Sign in " page, click "Upgrade to a mynetgear account" link.

2. Click "Upgrade Your Existing ReadyCLOUD Account" link.

3. Click "Forgot Account" link

4. Input your old account name into "username" filed, then click "Recover".

5. If your old account have upgraded, you would get a warning message "Your ReadyCLOUD account has already been upgraded to a MyNETGEAR account. Username/Password Recovery is unavailable."

6. Go to step#2 page, input your old readycloud account and password, you can see then your old readycloud account upgraded to one myNetgear account.

And you can do "OS reinstall" to your readynas 312 to reset admin user's password to default "password".

Please refer to http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Notes: Reinstalls the firmware from the internal flash to the disks. Use the OS reinstall boot mode when the system crashes and corrupts some configuration files. OS reinstall boot mode also resets some settings on your storage system, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password,to defaults.

Best Regards.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements