Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 316 invited ReadyCloud users cannot access shares

Muzi
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 316 invited ReadyCloud users cannot access shares

Hey,

I have a problem regarding the remote access of my ReadyNAS via ReadyCloud - similar to many of the older threads in this forum.

With my ReadyCloud admin account everything works fine. I can access everything without problems. Several month ago, I could also invite other people via ReadyCloud accounts and with these accounts one could see the shares and their subfolders but not necessarily the content of these folders or just some files. We never really resolved the problem and left it at that for a while.

At some point we also made a firmware update to 6.9.3.

Now that I found time I went back to this problem and the situation is much worse. I can invite people to shares and they get an invitation email. In the cloud user list they pop up as additional user with a mail symbol in front of their name. They receive the inviation email, click on the link (before it becomes invalid) and get some positive feedback message. They also see the NAS under the Home tab of their ReadyCloud accounts but the shares don't appear. On the cloud user list visible from the admin account, the mail symbol in front of their name never changes to anything else. We did this now several times and it never works. We also tried different email addresses (some of them are also used for the local accounts, some are not) - it has been suggested in other threads that this should be the main issue (https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/Secondary-cloud-user-cannot-connect-Handshake-icon-appea...) - but still nothing changed.

Then I also found the suggestion that I should switch off the encryption which I did. It still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me??

Regards

Model: RN31664E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNAS 316 invited ReadyCloud users cannot access shares

have you tried unregistering ReadyCLOUD and sending invitation again?is your account name length more than 32 charactors?

Message 2 of 5
Muzi
Aspirant

Yes, all the account names (= email addresses) consist of 32 or less characters. I'm haven't seen any possibility of creating account names that aren't the email addresses.

And yes, I deleted the accounts and tried to reinvite them several times. If one clicks at the invitation it appears to be accepted (or at least not declined from the appearing message window) but the users continue to appear pending in the user list and the users cannot see the shares. 

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Muzi

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to try unjoining/rejoining the NAS to your Admin account then to reinvites? Also were you able to set DNS on your Network settings? Also the green check marks are both present.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
Kronikor
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue word for word.

The advice so far has all been done and nothing works. I really hope we can get an update on this, it's a big issue for my business.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements