Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Online (VPN Disconnected) Windows and Android

RichStevenson
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Online (VPN Disconnected) Windows and Android

Still having issues with this, and really need help in resolving. On 5/18 I upgraded my RN214 to firmware 6.5.0. My cloud account has been migrated with my Netgear account. The Windows client is version 1.12, and the Android client is 1.2.4. When I'm on the LAN both the Windows and Android client connect without issue. When I try to connect from the internet, the Windows client says Online (VPN Disconnected), and the Android client says disconnected. I've enabled diagnostic mode for a NG tech, but he can't connect. I have 9 other services configured to port forward in my router, and all can do so properly. I've reaaplied the NAS firmware, rebooted all of my network gear, verified my NG email address shows in the cloud tab, and Internet Available & Services Available both have green check marks next to them. I've also hit the Leave button multiple times and re-added. The ReadyCloud portal works from the internet, it's only ReadyCloud access from the internet using the Windows and Android client that does not work. I've also switched to the second port on the NAS, tried with both static and DHCP set IP's, ensuring that when I have the static that the DNS servers are set.

Is there something on NG's servers that needs to be looked at around the VPN connection (leafp2p?). Also, none of my inbound services that I have configured are using port 6300. I've also tried forwarding port 6300, and disabling encryption. I don't know what else to check. Everything was working perfectly prior to the 6.5 upgrade.

Model: RN214D41|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 12
RichStevenson
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Online (VPN Disconnected) Windows and Android

Looks like I have this worked out now, and I'm going to say it's something on the NG servers that happened during the merge of accounts. I granted access to one of the folders, to another one of my email addresses. I received the invitation and clicked to accept. Since I was previously logged into to ReadyCloud, it notified me of such, I logged out, and then it asked me if I wanted to bind to my ReadyCloud account or continue without binding. I clicked to bind the account, and recevied an error that said the invitation was no longer valid. I then went back to the Admin portal, clicked Leave, and logged in with the new email address. Now both the Android and Windows clients connect from the internet.

If anyone from NG can explain what happened, my curiosity would be greatful. 

Message 2 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RichStevenson,

Not really sure what happened.

Do you mean to say it now works with a different account? Not the one you first entered as main ReadyCloud in the admin page?

Regards,

Message 3 of 12
RichStevenson
Aspirant

Correct. I now have two MyNetgear accounts. The original one that I merged durng the upgrade for 6.5 (this is the one ReadyCloud stopped working with), and a second one that while logged in with the first, I shared a folder to. When I accepted the invitation,  it asked me if I wanted to bind, so I did. then I used that second account to join ReadyCloud in the Cloud tab of the Admin console.

Message 4 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RichStevenson,

What is the email domain that worked and did not?

Regards,

Message 5 of 12
RichStevenson
Aspirant

Richstevenson.Com is the one that stopped working after the update. Gmail.Com is the new one that works.
Message 6 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RichStevenson,

I see, I thought it was using a non .com  domain because recently I have been seeing some users with non .com getting problems.

Probably something went wrong or did not kick in when its old account migrated to myNetgear. Can you check that account that does not work at readycloud.netgear.com and try to upgrade it again? Or maybe invite that account as another user to see if it will be able to see you NAS.

Regards,

Message 7 of 12
RichStevenson
Aspirant

Yeah I tried that last night with no success. It just won't work any longer with the original account. If I try to use the old account on RC now, it says no devices registered as expected.

Message 8 of 12
RichStevenson
Aspirant

Just noticed this message on the Manage tab of readycloud. Any idea? Doesn't seen to be affecting anything.

2016-05-28 16_07_32-ReadyCLOUD.png

Message 9 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RichStevenson,

Thank you!

Please do me a favor to collect more information.

For the user with the issue, please ask them to do this:

1. Before signing in, click Ctrl + |, the Dev Tools should show up, click “Enable” button at the right top corner.
  2. Now sign in, and get the error.
  3. Back to the Dev Tools, there should be some entries with red X mark on the entry, click “+” sign next to it to expand, then copy the screenshot with the entire error message details to PM me.

Pm me the results and your ReadyCloud account name.

Regards,

Message 10 of 12
RichStevenson
Aspirant

Is that a pipe symbol? (ctrl + |)

I'm to do that in the browser? Nothing opens.

Message 11 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RichStevenson,

That's when you open the web browser and log in. Hit Ctrl key and | at the same time, the | is the key right above enter key, the one on top of back slash.

Regards,

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements