Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS compatibility

Joste
Aspirant

ReadyNAS compatibility

Hi there,

is there anything like a hcl where the ReadCloud read ReadyNAS with Firmware is listed?

Thanks in advance

Joachim

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: ReadyNAS compatibility

ReadyCLOUD requires OS6. So you need a NAS running OS6. An NV is way too old. Oldest models running OS6 were released in something like 2013, RN102, RN104, RN312, RN314, that kind of stuff.

You may succeed in installing OS6 on an older model, but there is no official support for it, and you'd most likely need at least an OS4.2, like a Pro or Ultra (RNDP2000, RNDU2000), that kind of stuff. If you don't have extended knowledge of Linux, I wouldn't advise you to go down that road.

A ReadyNAS NV is very old and well outdated performance wise, if you want to use modern technologies/services, I believe it's time to renew your unit.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
Joste
Aspirant

"is there anything like a hcl (hardware compatibility list) available where the ReadyCloud ready ReadyNAS with Firmware is listed?"

Message 2 of 7
jak0lantash
Mentor

I don't understand what you're looking for, but to ensure optimum compatibility with Cloud services, you should run the latest stable (not Beta) firmware on the ReadyNAS (as prompted by "Check for update" link in the admin GUI).

Message 3 of 7
Joste
Aspirant

Which are the oldest ReadyNAS models that work with ReadyCloud? I guess an ReadyNAS NV f.e. is not compatibel.

Joachim

Message 4 of 7
jak0lantash
Mentor

ReadyCLOUD requires OS6. So you need a NAS running OS6. An NV is way too old. Oldest models running OS6 were released in something like 2013, RN102, RN104, RN312, RN314, that kind of stuff.

You may succeed in installing OS6 on an older model, but there is no official support for it, and you'd most likely need at least an OS4.2, like a Pro or Ultra (RNDP2000, RNDU2000), that kind of stuff. If you don't have extended knowledge of Linux, I wouldn't advise you to go down that road.

A ReadyNAS NV is very old and well outdated performance wise, if you want to use modern technologies/services, I believe it's time to renew your unit.

Message 5 of 7
Joste
Aspirant

That's it. Thank you!

BTW: a customer has a RN102, and I was wondering if it will work with OS6 and support ReadyCloud.

Message 6 of 7
jak0lantash
Mentor

RN102 runs OS6 natively. Look at the GUI

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements