Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mark_T_H
Tutor

I know this is an old issue, but out of the blue, our NAS is offline now after no one accessed it for a week.  I tried rebooting the device and reinstalling the OS, but whether I log in through the desktop client or through the ReadyCloud website, it says the device is offline and I cannot access any folders or files.  The OS is 6.6.1 and the client is 1.15, all the latest versions.

I can see all the folders and files when I look at the device on our network using Windows Explorer, but I can't create a ReadyDrop folder...

-Mark

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We've had a recent ReadyCLOUD outage.

Can you login to the local admin page as the 'admin' user (no quotes)?

Did you use home folders for your ReadyCLOUD users?

Message 2 of 21
GeorgeBG
Initiate

Hello,

Since yesterday i have the same issue. Turns out i can login through my home network as "admin", but my readycloud service says that my device is offline and all the other user can't login. My device is 202, OS 6.6.1

Thanks

Message 3 of 21
GeorgeBG
Initiate

i just entered the settings and the readycloud was turned off.  I enabled it again and it turns out okay. The problem is that all the contents of the home folders are not there! I cant see any of the stored contents that i have there?

Message 4 of 21
Jackvd
Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem.... But the worst thing is that ALL Readycloud users were deleted on two Readynas systems... It also triggered the removal of ALL data in the home-directories of the users.

Any chance that this gets high priority attention from development?

For me the event happened at 16:53 CET on March 30th.

Jack

Message 5 of 21
Silli
Aspirant

I can't get into anything. I can see some folders but looks like home folders are gone. Not sure what to do now.

Message 6 of 21
Jackvd
Apprentice

Hi everybody,

I also found a thread on this in another discussion.

It is caused by a problem at Netgear and it is not a pretty picture....

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/Cant-access-my-http-readycloud-netgear-com-site/m-p/1257...

Regards; Jack

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 7 of 21
dschwartzer
Luminary

I have this problem also. All ReadyCloud users are deleted as well as all Home folders and the data in them. Checked my backup server and they have apparently been deleted there too because of the backup. Will this be restored when the ReadyCloud outage is fixed or is all of this lost? How do we get these users back on the networks?
Message 8 of 21
jak0lantash
Mentor
Tutor

Message 10 of 21
Tutor

Same issue. I cannot log into my RN202 OS 6.6.1.
I can see and access all but one folder on my NAS.
Message 11 of 21
Tutor

PS ReadyNas is off line.
Message 12 of 21
RolfHe
Aspirant

Hi I have the same experience! All users deleted on Thursday afternoon (not by me nor anyone with access!!)

I also had issues accessing it over LAN but got it up after re-installing OS, Still issues with external access and ReadyCloud Apps

Message 13 of 21
jak0lantash
Mentor

If you only want to use ReadyCLOUD again, access the local GUI with the local admin user and reactivate ReadyCLOUD. Otherwise:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Home-Folder-Dissapeared/m-p/1257891#M127405

Message 14 of 21
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi all,

To those who got affected by ReadyCloud outage on March 30 where it automatically turned off and the ReadyCloud users have been deleted, Netgear team identified the users that were affected by the ReadyCLOUD outage from March 30th 8AM-12PM Pacific. These users experienced reset Home Folders for ReadyCLOUD user accounts. ReadyCloud owner accounts will be reached out via e-mail for follow up to offer assistance.

Please also see douglas_cheung's response at:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/Cant-access-my-http-readycloud-netgear-com-site/m-p/1259...

Regards,

Message 15 of 21
Tutor

I cannot open any Admin page with my user/password or the default.  I can see my folders and acces all but one of them on my local network, any ideas?

Message 16 of 21
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello 1793,

I think you have a different issue, this thread is about ReadyNAS offline through ReadyCloud. Please create your new topic.

Regards,

Message 17 of 21
DiddiTalk
Aspirant

Jetzt hat es auch mich (NAS 314) erwischt.

Alle Passwörter, Kennwörter und E-Mailadressen werden als falsch deklariert und auf das NAS selbst kann ich auch nicht mehr zugreifen. Auch ist eine Sicherung darauf nicht möglich.

Das erste NAS war ein 214er, das nach 14 Tagen wegen eines Defektes zurückgesandt wurde (Netzteil).

Dann kaufte ich mein jetziges NAS 314 in der Hoffnung, dass alles besser wird. Nur 2 HDs habe ich installiert und aus Sicherheitsgründen die anderen 2 HDs in das "gute alte RND2000" gepackt, um auch dort eine Sicherung zu haben. DIES KOMMT MIR JETZT ZU GUTE.

Das 314er lief einige Zeit ohne Probleme, auch wenn ich Anfangs, als ich beide Geräte neu hatte, wegen der NAS-Probleme den Support hinzuziehen musste.

So kaufte ich aus Überzeugung noch das GS110TP hinzu, weil ich wie das 314er "etwas relativ Vernünpftiges" haben wollte.

!!! Doch ein NAS, auf dem ich keinen Zugriff mehr habe und nicht weiß, ob die Daten darauf überhaup noch vorhanden sind, das geht gar nicht !!!

Auch kann ich mich nicht mehr bei Readynas.com einloggen. Angeblich sind auch dort meine Anmeldedaten falsch.

Sollte das Problem nicht kurzzeitig lösbar sein, ich hatte am 20. April 2017 eine E-Mail deswegen an "readycloud@netgear.com" gesandt, werde ich mich wohl von diesen Sachen trennen.

So arbeite ich nun erst einmal mit einem TP-Link und dem RND2000, das Daten im Peek mit 17MB/Sek. sichert ...

Was soll ich von einem Unternehmen halten, wer oder was dort auch immer die Möglichkeit hat, in meinen Accounts herum zu fuschen?

Ich will an dieser Stelle nicht polemisch werden und bin kein Polemiker, doch sollen meine Worte Ausdruck von Frust sein, zumal ich mich auch noch mit der amerikanischen, unkultivierten Sprach herumschlagen muss. Aber das ist mein Problem.

Anmerken möchte ich, dass beide "NASen" nur für Backups eingesetzt werden, mehr nicht.

Übrigens, über die NETGEAR-App kann ich auch nicht auf mein NAS zugreifen.

Bin jetzt gespannt, wie es weitergeht, zumal ich nicht der einzige bin, der dieses Problem hat.

Mit besten Grüßen

DiddiTalk

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 18 of 21
jak0lantash
Mentor

Es wäre dir leichter, dir zu helfen, wenn du dein eigenes Forumsthread erschaffen hättest.
Message 19 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DiddiTalk wrote:

April 2017 eine E-Mail deswegen an "readycloud@netgear.com" gesandt, werde ich mich wohl von diesen Sachen trennen.

That's the wrong email address. I've asked support to get in touch with you.

Message 20 of 21
sarah_see
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I have not used the storage system for a week and now I am not able to access my storage system.  When I login to the Readycloud, It is showing that my readynas is offline and asking for me to either check power source or my connection to the network.  I have no other issues with the network at home.  I tried downloading the firmware to update the software and when I tried to open the firmware to install, it states the program is corrupt and unable to open.  I am not sure why so many problems and what is causing all of this.

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements