Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

DaveSh
Tutor

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Hi. I'm running a pair of these units (firmware 6.7.4), one at the office, the other at home. Cannot access either unit remotely via readcloud client v1.15 on PC (windows 10). Backups are still working, and can access shares by logging on to the web portal. This has been going on for a few days now - very frustrating. Have tried reboots to NAS, PC, re-start and re-install readycloud client. 

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi All,

It seems there was a problem on our VPN server that affected the ReadyCloud desktop app and Readynas Remote users, a fix has been provided. Both feature should be running fine now. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DaveSh,

Please try to disconnect and reconnect the readycloud service from the cloud tab on the admin page of the NAS. Also for further isolation try to turn off any firewall, anti virus and any internet server application that may affect the readycloud client.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 10
DaveSh
Tutor

Hi Marty,

I've tested disabling the firewall and anti-virus; no effect. Disconnect/reconnect both devices from readycloud didn't work either.

Dave.

Message 3 of 10
scravatt
Apprentice

This happens to me all the time and usually on weekends using the readycloud windows app. It's a netgear VPN server issue that always messes up. Its frustrating! It seems like netgear never fixes this issue and it keeps happening. Then all of a sudden on a Mon or Tues, it'll start working...ike someone rebooted a server and the VPN assigment to NAs devices works again.

Message 4 of 10
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DaveSh,

Netgear VPN server is up 24/7 not unless it does go downtime due to maintenance but there should be notification sent to support before downtime occurs. For this issue I would recommend to contact support here and raise this issue you are encountering and refer to this forum link.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 10
scravatt
Apprentice

Since last Thurs my VPN has not worked on the readycloud app....Online (VPN Disconnected). I have 2 NAS boxes. One local and one remote. I can always see the local one Connected (Local). The remote VPN shows disconnected, but readycloud is working fine via the web is i use chrome. The problem is always with the readycloud app.  If I go to the location of the othe NAS, same thing happens. I see local only by VPN Disconnected for the remote box. I have made no software updates on my computers. I have removed and reinstalled readycloud for windows....I've tested it on multiple computers, rebooted both NAS boxes, I have the latst firmware 6.7.5. latest readycloud app: 1.1.15.

Both cannot be accessed via VPN anymore....sounds like a netgear issue again!

Message 6 of 10
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DaveSh / @scravatt,

A fix has been deployed from our VPN server to address this concern please see forum thread here.  

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 10
DaveSh
Tutor

Thanks Marty_M - seems to be working now. But what's the underlying issue here? This seems to be a recurrent problem, to the extent I'm thinking of rival options. The service is not reliable enough for me at present.

Dave S.

Message 8 of 10
scravatt
Apprentice

Exactly...It hasn't been working for me since last Thurs and boom..all of sudden today it works! Netger claims the VPN is stable and hasn't been down or changed...I call bull! Nothing changed on my end..NAS or Clients....so it has to be a netgear issue!

This keep happening over and over and over. It's getting very tiresome bringing up this issue.

Message 9 of 10
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi All,

It seems there was a problem on our VPN server that affected the ReadyCloud desktop app and Readynas Remote users, a fix has been provided. Both feature should be running fine now. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements