Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

hcoskun
Tutor

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Hi all,

I have the latest OS installed on my ReadyNas, but somehow  I can't connect through VPN anymore. This problem has been standing for 2 days now. I open ReadyCloud app and it says: Online (VPN Disconnected).

Any help for this problem will be appreciated

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello hcoskun,

ReadyCloud and ReadyNAS Remote issues should be resolved now. Please try logging in to the desktop client again.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@hcoskun wrote:

I have the latest OS installed on my ReadyNas,

6.7.5? Or something else

@hcoskun wrote:

Hi all,

but somehow  I can't connect through VPN anymore.

What device is unable to connect?

Do you see two green checks on the cloud page of the web ui?

Message 2 of 15
hcoskun
Tutor

Hi, 

Yes I'm running 6.7.5 on my device. I'm only able to go to  Admin page  locally. I can't connect to the  admin page  through vpn, because it says it's disconnected.

Message 3 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Do you see two green checks on the cloud page of the web ui?

Message 4 of 15
hcoskun
Tutor

Yes both "Internet Available" are green and "Services Available" are green. But VPN still disconnected

Message 5 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Can you access the admin pages via readycloud.netgear.com (skipping the VPN part)?

Message 6 of 15
hcoskun
Tutor

Yes, but only if I'm locally. When I go to readycloud.netgear.com through another network, and click admin page, then I get the message:

Local Admin Page

The adminpage can only be accessed when you are in the same network (LAN) as your device. If you believe you are located in the same network as your device, you can attempt the admin page using the following address: http://192.168.1.xxx

Message 7 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Can you access files from the website (when remote)

Message 8 of 15
jones525
Guide

Yep, this service is down. I manage 40+ ReadyNAS devices. (Yes 40+) I tried 1/2 dozen of them today (all in different physical locations)  from several different PC based clients (all in different physical locations and ISP's as well). All the same result

>Online (VPN Disconnected).

Stop troubleshooting your NAS' its a Netgear issue. Remember the snafu where all of the NAS devices spontaneously disconnected from the ReadyCloud service? That was a fun day for me... As with others in recent threads on this same topic, I can connect from my iPhone via the app, via the RC website, but not from a PC running the RC software. You know, the one clients use 99% of the time...

P.S. How am I aware of this issue? I was demoing to a potential client, I had just finished lauding the features of the ReadyNAS with all its robust connectivity options. Long story short, the client will "stick w/Dropbox"... 

Message 9 of 15
bak3r11
Tutor

Wow that is unfortunate. Mine is down as well (VPN Disconnected). Honestly 2017 has been a headache for me with RN.

Message 10 of 15
jones525
Guide

Oh, dont worry, It'll resolve as mysteriously as it broke. I hope you dont rely on it on a daily basis... Believe me, with the amount of NAS' I manage, it would be really nice if the services were consistant.

Message 11 of 15
hcoskun
Tutor

It's still as "disconnected", any news regarding a fix for this?

Message 12 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello hcoskun,

ReadyCloud and ReadyNAS Remote issues should be resolved now. Please try logging in to the desktop client again.

Regards,

Message 13 of 15
hcoskun
Tutor

Works now, but can we please get an explanation on, why it's didn't work? My VPN is working now, but haven't been working properly for almost 10 days.

Message 14 of 15
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello hcoskun,

There was no clear explanation but I think the VPN server for the ReadyCloud just went down for few days, I guess.

Regards,

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements