Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 102 w/ Firmware 6.8.1 + ReadyCloud V2.0.0 on iOS 11 - Media Backup Not Working

shaunleblanc
Aspirant

ReadyNas 102 w/ Firmware 6.8.1 + ReadyCloud V2.0.0 on iOS 11 - Media Backup Not Working

Since updating to the above details the media backup won't work. It will sit in a state of uploading and never make it past the first picture. Everything worked fine before. Is there an issue with Firmware 6.8.1 or the V2 of the iOS app?

- Shaun

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 16
shaunleblanc
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 102 w/ Firmware 6.8.1 + ReadyCloud V2.0.0 on iOS 11 - Media Backup Not Working

Hello? Moderators/Support care to respond? Anyone with similar issues?

Message 2 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNas 102 w/ Firmware 6.8.1 + ReadyCloud V2.0.0 on iOS 11 - Media Backup Not Working

Hi shaunleblanc,

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the iOS app and check if you will still have the same issue?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
JohnM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 16
shaunleblanc
Aspirant

Hi John,

I did delete and re-install twice and still no luck. I'm seeing others who are on iOS 11 are posting similar issues so I'm wondering if the ReadyCloud app doesn't play well with iOS 11.

- Shaun

Message 4 of 16
dhamsher
Tutor

I am having the same trouble.  Netgear, when will this be fixed?  I think that it may relate to the new HEIC file format.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 5 of 16
Baldman
Aspirant

Same issue here. Reainstalled the app twice now and there are zero uploads going on. 

NETGEAR...pls give us all a response.....

Tks

Message 6 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi shaunleblanc,

I tested the Readyckoud v2.0.0 on iOS 11.1 and Media Backup was working. Have you tried updating your Apple device to iOS 11.1?

Regards,
JohnM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 16
Baldman
Aspirant

Hi - running IOS11.1 and it’s still not working 😞
Message 8 of 16
dhamsher
Tutor

I have update to 11.1, disabled then enabled, and reset the media sync and i am still having the problem.  I am about ready to return this thing if someone doesn't get this key feature fixed soon.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 9 of 16
rjm676
Guide

Readycloud v2.0.0 has not worked since it was released on iOS. Readycloud website works. Readyshare under Genie works with iOS 11. Please bring this to the attention of the Readycloud development team. Previous version of iOS Readycloud worked fine!
Message 10 of 16
shaunleblanc
Aspirant

Hi John,

Yes, I did update to iOS 11.1 and it still doesn't work. 

I'm not hearing anything from Netgear about fixing this. Unless a fix is out soon I'm going to ditch this NAS and get a Qnap or Synology. I have friends who have those and there is zero issues.

Message 11 of 16
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi all,

We already reported this to the Readycloud engineering team. We are still waiting for a feedback from them.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 16
shaunleblanc
Aspirant

Looks like some progress was made in a different thread. Hopefully this will be a fix we can all get our hands on. So far this has taken too long.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/ReadyCloud-V2-0-0-2027-on-iOs11-0-3-not-doin...

Message 13 of 16
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi shaunleblanc,

I believe the beta firmware for that thread is for that router only. The Readycloud engineers are still working for a fix that will work for the NAS as well. We will provide an update as soon as we get a feedback.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 14 of 16
shaunleblanc
Aspirant

Any news on this? It's been months that this isn't working. 

Message 15 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @shaunleblanc

We will post an update once we have feed back on this issue, it is still being investigated.

I would advised contacting NETGEAR Support to open a ticket and have your case be included on the investigation.

Regards

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements