Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 104 Discoverable but won't link with ReadyCloud

NickyWilkes
Aspirant

ReadyNas 104 Discoverable but won't link with ReadyCloud

Hi, 

I apologise if this question is a repeat, tried looking but not found anything...

I have a ReadyNAS 104, with 6.6.1 OS on a Virgin V3 Router.

I seem to have been affected with the auto account deletion mentioned in other forums but; 

I can discover my NAS in the ReadyCloud, as I have enabled it in Cloud Settings (I don't have admin access issues like others have mentioned), but it doesn't stay linked like it did before the issue on 30/03/2017. Therefore cannot use it via mobile app etc.

Error mesage on Readycloud is;

"Currently you have no registered or Shared Devices."

I have tried many things and am out of ideas.

If the router wasn't configured properly, I am guessing ReadyCloud wouldn't even dicsover it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas 104 Discoverable but won't link with ReadyCloud

Hello NickyWilkes,

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Other users have problems with the data that got deleted due to the ReadyCloud users reset of their ReadyNAS but were not getting that same problem. Have you checked if you are able to get your NAS when you log in at the ReadyCloud portal while you get this problem on ReadyCloud mobile app?

You might want to update the firmware. Firmware 6.7.1 is now available. It may be not available on the update server so you may need to upgrade the firmware manually. You may download the firmware from this link.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello NickyWilkes,

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Other users have problems with the data that got deleted due to the ReadyCloud users reset of their ReadyNAS but were not getting that same problem. Have you checked if you are able to get your NAS when you log in at the ReadyCloud portal while you get this problem on ReadyCloud mobile app?

You might want to update the firmware. Firmware 6.7.1 is now available. It may be not available on the update server so you may need to upgrade the firmware manually. You may download the firmware from this link.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
NickyWilkes
Aspirant

Perfect thank you, that seems to have fixed it.... for reference, I was accessing ReadyCloud through Chrome on Windows 10, and it was on the Discovery page every time I pressed my Backup button for 5s, and then when I clicked Manage, it took me to my NAS; but it just wouldn't appear on the Home or Manage pages.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5
biotechguy
Aspirant

Hi Jen, I had to reboot my NAS into the OSBoot mode. This at least got me back to accessing the Admin account on the NAS. I then updated the firmware. Now all is up to date but I still can't access via ReadyCloud.

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello biotechguy,

Please create a new topic and include all important information that may help to resolve the issue you have.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements