Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 104 "unsyncing' with desktop app

schwizer
Aspirant

ReadyNas 104 "unsyncing' with desktop app

I have a windows 10 PC with the desktop app and i am backing up My Documents, My Music, My Pictures & My Vidoes to the RN104. I do this by downloading the desktop ReadyCloud app and clicking "Backup PC Folder" and then repeating this for each of the above mentioned folders by locating the folder manually throughthe PC, Drive D:, users etc section.

It indexes, backs up, etc, everything is fine.  Shares on the readynas are created and are the correct size.  Then after a few weeks, the synced folders lose their little green "syncronized" checkmark in the desktop app.  Usually this happens for all the folders except the My Documents folder.

Now i am stuck.  The desktop app still shows those folders, but they are no longer syncing.  If i put a new folder into My Music for example, it doesn't sync to the NAs.  If i try to click "Backup PC Folder" and select My Music again, then it creates a new folder called "My Music 2" on the readynas.  Not what i want.  If i go to the Readynas and manually delete the original My Music folder and sync the desktop app, then it disappears.  Fine.  But then when i manually click "Backup PC Folder" and select My Music, it only syncs the folders that have been added since the last sync to the original folder before it was delete.

Now i am stuck.  I can not sync these folders that have become "unsynced".  How do i manually force a "resync" once these folders lose their little green checkmark?

Schwizer

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas 104 "unsyncing' with desktop app

Hi schwizer,

May I ask what firmware are you running on the NAS? What version on Readycloud app do you have?

I will try and replicate it from my end.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
schwizer
Aspirant

Readycloud 1.15

NAS 6.6.1

Could this have something to do with the windows anniversary update that just got installed?

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3211320)

Schwizer

Message 3 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi schwizer,

That is possible. Do you have  another PC that you can try this on?

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
schwizer
Aspirant

yes but i should mention that the same thing happened to me a few times now on the same computer several months ago.  it also happened on my wife's laptop with her own user account backing up to the same NAS and that was long before anniversary edition.

the temporary workaround is to delete the share online, reshare the same folder in the desktop app, let it sync.  Sync will complete but it will be missing most folders and then i manually drag and drop all the folders from my pc into the NAS folder.  it still says synced after that and then when i create a new file in the synced folder on my PC, it seems to be backing it up to the NAs.

having to constantly watch over my sholder to see if the files are really being backed up doesnt exactly give me the warm and fuzzy though.

Schwizer

Message 5 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi schwizer,

Thank you for the information, you can also consider doing an update of the firmware. We have BETA firmware that you can check.

ReadyNASOS 6.7.0-T180 (Beta 3)

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi schwizer,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements