Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost access to admin page after upgrading to MyNetgear account

GSLords
Aspirant

Lost access to admin page after upgrading to MyNetgear account

I ahve been using my ReadyNAS 104 for over a year now with no issues. Today I signed in and decided to update to a MyNetGEear Account and after the update completed it couldn't find my ReadyNAS 104. I goto the dicover page, it sees my ReadyNAS 104, but when I click Manage ir asks for the user name and password repeatedly. I keep entering it hoping for different results, but it never changes.

Please help, I hate the thought of losing everything I have stored on the server du to a software glitch.

Model: RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
GSLords
Aspirant

Re: Lost access to admin page after upgrading to MyNetgear account

Thank you for all the help.

Once I had made all the changes that you suggested and was still getting the same problem, I tried accessing it from anothercomputer in the house asnd was able to connect.

My network discovery had turned off for some reason, when I turned it back on all of the folders appeared and the greyed moves were there correctly.

I appriciate all of your knowledgable help.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
Hopchen
Prodigy

It is a little unclear whether you are refering to readycloud? You mention that you upgraded your "my.netgear" account. It sounds like you updated your readycloud account to merge with your my.netgear account - as you should if you want to use readycloud.

However, that also requires that you update the firmware on the NAS to at least 6.5.0 or higher. Now, that will be difficcult if you cannot access the NAS admin page. Can you try and use RAIDar instead? Can RAIDar discover the NAS? If so, click the "Admin Page" button in RAIDar and log into the GUI. Does that work for you? Can you get to the GUI this way?

Message 2 of 11
GSLords
Aspirant

I had not used the RAIDar before, was only using the web address directly. Somehow my password was reset to the default, so I was able to reopen and this fixed my issue. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 11
Hopchen
Prodigy

No problem 🙂

Glad to hear you got access again.

Message 4 of 11
GSLords
Aspirant

Ok, I'm able to see the server and all the folders, but when I map a network drive it initially finds it, but within an hour its now shows offline. No matter what I do it remains offline even after restarting both the server and the main computer.

I can see the drive, I can restart it, and do the "Locate" function and all of those work fine, but if I try to open a file it tells me "An error occured while reconnecting th Y(network drive letter)".

Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi GSLords,

Does your ReadyNAS system IP address changes? Have you considered giving it a fixed IP? Also, ensure that the checkbox Reconnect at logon is checked when mapping the drive (share) in your PCs.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Is the PC connecting over wifi or ethernet?  Also, do you know if the PC is set up to power down the network connection when it's not in use?

@BrianL2 wrote:

Hi GSLords,

Does your ReadyNAS system IP address change? Have you considered giving it a fixed IP? Also, ensure that the checkbox Reconnect at logon is checked when mapping the drive (share) in your PCs.

It's better to reserve an IP address in the router than to assign a static IP address.  It seems unlikely to me that the NAS would get a new IP address every hour or so - usually the address is renewed daily at most.

Message 7 of 11
GSLords
Aspirant

Both the ReadyNAS and my PC are connected with Ethernet and on the same router. I do have the reconnect at login checked.

It will let me Map 1 of the folders, but all the items in it appear greyed out.and it won't allow any of the other folders to map.

Message 8 of 11
StephenB
Guru

That seems odd. What credentials are you using to map the drive?

Can you post a screen shot?

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Not sure what's going on with grayed out folders.

Perhaps try opening CMD and run

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nasipaddress\data /user:admin nasadminpassword

substituting the actual nas ip address and nas admin password of course.  Be careful on the command syntax, it is fussy about spaces and the direction of slashes.

The first command terminates any open network sessions with the NAS.  If it prompts, tell it to proceed.  Ignore any errors.

The second command attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter t.  If it works, you'll see all the shares and a home folder in the t drive.

Let us know the results.

Message 10 of 11
GSLords
Aspirant

Thank you for all the help.

Once I had made all the changes that you suggested and was still getting the same problem, I tried accessing it from anothercomputer in the house asnd was able to connect.

My network discovery had turned off for some reason, when I turned it back on all of the folders appeared and the greyed moves were there correctly.

I appriciate all of your knowledgable help.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements