Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud Sync downloading 0% then restarts

StuartDowning
Aspirant

Readycloud Sync downloading 0% then restarts

I have a ReadyNAS set up with Readycloud sharing.  When I try to set up synchronisation to a remote computer the client connects, completes the Synchronisation stage (most of the time), then gets to downloading, remains at 0% then restarts the process.

When I check the folder it is synchronising to there is a small difference in size, after some time it has hit 50Mb downloaded but never gets much further.

The ReadyNAS 312 is on the latest firmware, the ReadyCloud software is freshly downloaded and installed using the latest version. The site hosting the NAS is getting about 10Mb upload speed so should be getting much further.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readycloud Sync downloading 0% then restarts

Hi @StuartDowning

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked the share it is transferring to on the NAS? I would assume the remote computer is outside the Network, have you checked if there are Security softwares installed on the Computer? You can try to disable the firewall and other security to check if it causes the sync not to finish.

You can also login to your NAS Admin page and under the Cloud tab make sure that both Internet and Services has green check marks.

What firmware is the NAS running? Youcan try to use a different computer and try to sync as well and see if it will have the same issue.

Regards

Message 2 of 9
StuartDowning
Aspirant

Hello Marc

Thankyou for your reply.  I have tried this on 2 different computers on 2 different sites, each using different Internet connections.  They all have different antivirus products and firewalling and I have also tried both with the Antivirus and firewall disabled.  They both exhibit the exact same symptoms.

The Cloud tab is showing both green ticks as per your response.  The devices is on Firmware 6.9.3 and when I click "Check for Updates" I am informed that this is the latest version.

Message 3 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @StuartDowning

You may want to try and update to the BETA version OS 6.9.4-T8

Here is the link.

Regards

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello  StuartDowning

Are you using ReadyCLOUD for Windows application?can you check if there are many subdirectories in Windows folder which you want to sync?  
Message 5 of 9
StuartDowning
Aspirant

I installed this firmware last night, unfortunately this has not helped.

Message 6 of 9
StuartDowning
Aspirant

Hello Deniro

I am not quite sure what you are asking.  Yes I am using the ReadyCloud for Windows application. The folder on the NAS I am trying to replicate has many subfolders.  The local folder to which it is replicating has had the directory structure of the remote folderc reated, there are about 70Mb files so it is trying very slowly to replicate, but still only gets to 0%, fails and restarts, so over the course of a day it gets at most 10Mb worth of files.

Message 7 of 9
Dan_Atkins-GSES
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a similar issue where a folder I am syncing between by NAS and my Windows 10 computer has suddenly stopped syncing. The Synchronisation has run fine in the past but recently I started saying 'Synchronization Failed' and keeps attempting to continue to sync with no success. I have tried uninstalling to ReadyCloud App, deleting the files on my computer and then trying again but the synchronization reached about 250MB out of 750MB and then displayed the same error. 

Note the following:

1. I am running the latest firmware
  2. I have tried disabling my AVG firewall
  3. The internet availability and services available ticks are displayed on the admin page.
  4. I am able to access the files without any issues via the readycloud online portal.
  5. The sync fails whether I am connected to the same local network as the NAS or I am connected remotely via the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RN51662E|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 8 of 9
StuartDowning
Aspirant

I received an updated file from one of your engineers that seemed to assist somewhat - the service is no longer crashing as frequently.  However it does still seem to sync to 1%, restart, reindex, resync and start downloading again, gets to 1% again and repeats the above cycle.  As a result over the last 2 weeks I have managed to sync around 1.5Gb of a 40Gb folder.  Sometimes when a sync fails it seems to lose files it has already synched (as in it had 1.4Gb synched, restarted and then shows 1.2Gb synched).

As a result this is still not a usable solution.

Any further assistance would be very welcome.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements