Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud android app does not find readynas

ThisbeJonas
Aspirant

Readycloud android app does not find readynas

I have a readynas 516 running 6.4 update. On my laptop I can connect to everything fine through readycloud. I installed the readycloud app on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It will allow me to sign into my readycloud account but it never finds my readynas system. Under devices it is just blank.

Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readycloud android app does not find readynas

Hi ThisbeJonas,

Let us isolate the problem.  Try these steps below:

a. Try to connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 wirelessly to the local network where the RN516 is connected to.  Then, check if the RN516 will be detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app.

b. Try to unistall/re-install the ReadyCLOUD android app.

c. If ever you have another Samsung Galaxy S5 (you may borrow as well to isolate the problem), try to check if the RN516 will be detected via the ReadyCLOUD android app.

d. If ever you have another android phone (any brand/model and you may borrow as well to isolate the problem), try to check if the RN516 will be detected via the ReadyCLOUD android app.

Kindly answer these questions below:

1. Were you able to connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 wirelessly to the local network where the RN516 is connected to? Is the RN516 detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app?

2. Is the RN516 detected after you unistall/re-install the ReadyCLOUD android app?

3. Were you able to try to use or borrow another Samsung Galaxy S5? If yes, is the RN516 detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app?

4. Were you able to try to use or borrow another android phone? If yes,  is the RN516 detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app?

5. Is your Samsung Galaxy S5 "rooted"?

6. What Android OS (Jellybean, Kitkat, or Lollipop) is running on your Samsung Galaxy S5?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
DonD320
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem as the original poster.  In my case I have a Readynas 102 and I connect to it using a Thinkpad laptop, a Galaxy S4, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, and a Galaxy Tab S 10.1.  About three weeks ago I went to access my Readynas via my phone via my cell provider network and the device disappeared from my Readycloud app.  I re-logged on and the App connected but did not show the device in the Readycloud app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the App but that didn't change anything.  So I picked up my 8.4 tablet, logged into the hotel's WIFI network, and had the same issues.  On both devices, and my laptop, I could log into my ReadyNAS and see the device via the https://readycloud.netgear.com webpage, but not on my Android device's ReadyCloud App.

When I returned home I attempted to access the ReadNAS using the RC App on each of the two Android devices - same problem.  So I used my Tab S 10.1 and that RC App failed to show the device. 

All Android devices can access the ReadyNAS via the ReadyCloud webpage, both at home, at work on wifi, and (for the phone) on the cellular network.  The ONLY thing that could cause this is a bad update from Netgear to the RC App.  The fact that it appeared at the same time, about three weeks ago, across all my devices indicates it's not a user or hardware issue.

Please advise soonest.  That new QNAP TS-421+ is looking better and better the longer I can't access my files properly.

Message 3 of 8
DonD320
Aspirant

Sorry - QNAP TS-451+

Message 4 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DonD320,

Have you already updated to the official 6.4.1 release?

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
DonD320
Aspirant

Yes, I did, and that had no impact either.

Message 6 of 8
ThisbeJonas
Aspirant

Hi ThisbeJonas,

Let us isolate the problem.  Try these steps below:

a. Try to connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 wirelessly to the local network where the RN516 is connected to.  Then, check if the RN516 will be detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app. Does not connect either way, via phones internet or on my local wifi.

b. Try to unistall/re-install the ReadyCLOUD android app. Did this several times with no results.

c. If ever you have another Samsung Galaxy S5 (you may borrow as well to isolate the problem), try to check if the RN516 will be detected via the ReadyCLOUD android app. Used my wifes Galaxy S5, it will not find the server either

d. If ever you have another android phone (any brand/model and you may borrow as well to isolate the problem), try to check if the RN516 will be detected via the ReadyCLOUD android app. See above.

Kindly answer these questions below:

1. Were you able to connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 wirelessly to the local network where the RN516 is connected to? Is the RN516 detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app? Connected to my wifi, still does not see server

2. Is the RN516 detected after you unistall/re-install the ReadyCLOUD android app? No

3. Were you able to try to use or borrow another Samsung Galaxy S5? If yes, is the RN516 detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app? Still does not work on a seperate phone.

4. Were you able to try to use or borrow another android phone? If yes,  is the RN516 detected via the ReadyCLOUD androip app? See above

5. Is your Samsung Galaxy S5 "rooted"? No

6. What Android OS (Jellybean, Kitkat, or Lollipop) is running on your Samsung Galaxy S5? Lollipop

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ThisbeJonas,

Thanks for all the information that you have provided. The problem is fully isolated and I suggest that you contact our support team for a support ticket. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements