Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud for android cannot find device

dhebert
Aspirant

Readycloud for android cannot find device

Hi, I have an RN104 that is managed via readycloud. I had this also setup with the readycloud app for android. While on the android App, mis-understood what the "leave network" function was and it removed the readynas from my android device, but I still am seeing it on my PC via the web and wife's PC from the windows app. I uninstalled and re installed the android app, but it still cannot see the device when I login. Any advice will be helpful since I am trying to use it for the photo backup feature.

Message 1 of 8
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Were you able to see the leaf network adapter after you have re-installed the android app?
Message 2 of 8
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hi,

When you talk about the leave network function are you talking about the option on the local admin page at Cloud >> ReadyCLOUD >> Settings >> Leave?

If so, did you try rejoining ReadyCLOUD by toggling the switch next to ReadyCLOUD on the same screen mentioned above back to ON? You could then join with the same username/password previously used.

If not, please let me know where you found that function.

Bye,
Eskender
Message 3 of 8
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hi,

One more thing. Are you using the same username on all devices? If you leave ReadyCLOUD and then rejoin again afterwards all previously invited users have to be invited again. Only the ReadyCLOUD admin user is active.

Bye,
Eskender
Message 4 of 8
euphos
Aspirant

I too am having a very similar problem.  Rather than start my own thread, I was hoping to find some insight on what to try on my end, but this thread is already 6+ month old.

I had problems getting one of my devices to show up in ReadyCloud.  Through some help from users here, I finally got it working.  However, now neither of my apps can see the device.  They do see the other two devices I have.  The one that doesn't show up is the RN104.  My Pro2 and R7000 router show up fine.

Using the ReadyCloud app on my iPhone 5C and Samsung Android Tablet.

Message 5 of 8
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello,

are you running 6.3.5 on the ReadyNAS 104? Please try updating to the latest FW 6.4.0.

have you confirmed on the admin page that the ReadyCLOUD toggle switch is still set to ON?

can you access the device from the ReadyCLOUD website?

In case you have set a static IP, have you set the DNS server correctly?

Bye,

Eskender

Message 6 of 8
euphos
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestions. I was going to try updating to the 6.4.0 Beta 6, but was reluctant to try after reading the note I had to "leave" Readycloud and then rejoin.  But after seeing the final 6.4.0 was out I tried it. The release notes didn't say I had to leave and rejoin, but I decided to play it safe and did anyway.  So after leaving, I updated to 6.4.0 and then rejoined on the beta2 site.  Now I'm on Readycloud and all three of my devices are showing up.

Message 7 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello euphos,

Are all devices even the andoid seeing the NAS via ReadyCloud?

If all is okay now, please mark the post that resolved the issue. otherwise, continue with response to the discussion.

Thanks for your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements